Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Moms

I married at 18. Also, have all my life wanted to be a stay at home mother and raise my children. I have been blessed with a very supportive hubby who appreciates and values my position in our home, and works hard to support the lifestyle we want. I don't believe there is anything more important that I could do I was raised the opposite. My mother worked and went to school, she was not a home maker in an sense of the word, and that's o.k. I love her and appreciate her for who she is, we are all different. I knew I wanted a very different path. Our oldest daughter will be getting married this winter. She will be 20, and she is in school. We do not believe in an unnecessary delay in marriage... She has told me they plan to wait a couple of years before having children, and I support her whole heartdley. After all, with all of her siblings, she has plenty of little ones to play with
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

@Milasmama - Thank you so much for commenting that, "Parents raising kids are not "sitting at home doing nothing all day".".
    We should all respect that every woman can decide if she wants to be a stay-at-home mother or go to work, it is their choice. At the end of the day they are both mothers, and mothers do so much for their children regardless of whether they work a job or stay at home.

On to my story, I am 25 and do not have any children yet (DH and I are discussing TTC later this year possibly). I got married kind of young, at the age of 20, DH was 20 as well. It is not the right choice for everyone, however, it was the right choice for us. My DH had a full time job since he was eighteen, he is a journeyman plumber and I went to school and finished my bachelor's degree and am currently working on my master's degree. I was glad that my husband and I got to mature and grow together, and that we will have had a few years to ourselves before having kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sapphires View Post
    I refuse to sit at home and do nothing all day except cook, clean, and raise babies.
    If you can indeed cook, clean and raise babies all while sitting, then I tip my hat to you madam, for you are indeed truly talented.

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    If you can indeed cook, clean and raise babies all while sitting, then I tip my hat to you madam, for you are indeed truly talented.
    This exactly.

After being with my partner for 4 years I accidentally fell pregnant last year at 23 and had my daughter in September.

I am considered young to be a mother in the society that I live in and am the only one of my friends to have a baby. I find it quite alienating to be honest as all of the 'young mums' play groups are filled with teenagers living on welfare or with their parents, and the regular playgroups mums are all mid 30's to 40.

I work part time and my partner works full time and we make it work but its not easy. I think being a young mum is great in so many ways but in the society we live in most of us are the odd ones out. People are so quick to judge but really I think we are all trying to do our best despite our age.

I don't think it is nice to be so judgmental about 'teen moms living on welfare or with their parents'. They are trying to make it work just as everyone else is! I know what you mean about feeling alienated through. I will be twenty when we have this baby. So I'm a few years older than the teen moms and a few years younger than the 'young moms' I'm sure things will be fine though! I've learned friendships can be made with someone much older than you or much younger. Age is but a number.