Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Young Moms

Threaded View

Young Moms

Being the old soul that I am (even though I am young), I wonder about this. I swear I was born in the wrong era- I love the 40's and 50's! I watch the dick van dyke show, leave it to beaver, and I dream of what it must have been like to be a housewife back then, not having to worry about your kids going outside by themselves, cooking all day (I love cooking) and having a spotless home!

I read things and hear stories of young moms from that time and it so wasnt looked down upon! You got married young, had kids young, and that was expected! My grandma had her oldest at 16, and still to this day brags about how wonderful it was to have her so young.

Nowadays, it is the exact opposite! Women are expected to go to college, get a big degree in something, or at least find SOMETHING to do between the gap of 18 and 25 (at the minimum) to occupy their time before having a family. It seems the trend is that women are usually in their late twenties or thirties by the time they have their first.

Don't get me wrong, there is so nothing wrong with that! I just don't understand why young moms get such a bad rep now, like they ruined their whole life! I got married practically the minute I could, and I have never been happier! Then again, I am an old soul. A lot of young ones today make stupid decisions jut because they're young and can. I was never that sort. Since I was a little girl, I even put stock into what cartoon I wanted to watch or what snack to eat. Always thought things out. But still I get questioned and looked down on for marrying so young. Now it's been a year since marriage and naturally I can not wait to have kids! Granted I would like to get a few things settled financially first, but if I found out I was pregnant tomorrow I would be extatic! The sad thing is, I know many would not be extatic for us, and I would get even more questioning looks and nasty comments.

Anyhow, enough of my rambling. Is anyone in this same boat here? I don't mean in the 'whoops I got pregnant young on accident and now I have to get married' boat. I mean the 'I CHOSE to take this route' boat? Only nice comments please