Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Moms

Biology is on your side, even if culture is askew. The point of feminism is that women are supposed to be able to make their own choices. I commend you on yours!

I'm 24 and I wish I had a baby right now! I'm in a serious relationship but we're not ready for marriage or babies yet, having said that, if I found out I was pregnant tomorrow I'd be thrilled! Being a wife and a mom is definitely what I want the most in my life.

As a mom I can assure to that there is nothing people seem to enjoy more than judging a mother or panicking about the welfare of a child. I think that if you have a baby at 18 someone will say something about your wasted youth & if you have a baby at 40 someone will whisper something about the high risks involved. Even if you have a baby at the oh-so-perfect late 20's period like I did, some old lady will comment about how cold she is or how over heated she is in her outfit!
    Now that I'm 30 I will say that I am in great physical shape and have no worries about carrying baby #2. I hear a lot of noise from young moms about being able to keep up with a toddler or having an easier pregnancy and recovery. I will say this; I know plenty of girls in their early 20's in awful shape, with bad diets & various ailments. I know plenty of moms having kids after 40 who are young at heart, vibrant & energetic. It's all about how you take care of yourself & what you eat & how you live.

It's normal to romanticize the past, but we all know that plenty of those young moms in the 40's were wishing they could've done more with their creative energy than darn a sock.

If you don't quite have your finances straight, if education isn't for you, if you don't care to travel, if you're an old soul & a domestic type, maybe you could use these pre-baby years to start a small home-based business or lifestyle blog (or both!) that involve your love of home & family. You could lay the foundation for a way to make some extra money while caring for your future babies down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    As a mom I can assure to that there is nothing people seem to enjoy more than judging a mother or panicking about the welfare of a child. I think that if you have a baby at 18 someone will say something about your wasted youth & if you have a baby at 40 someone will whisper something about the high risks involved. Even if you have a baby at the oh-so-perfect late 20's period like I did, some old lady will comment about how cold she is or how over heated she is in her outfit!

Now that I'm 30 I will say that I am in great physical shape and have no worries about carrying baby #2. I hear a lot of noise from young moms about being able to keep up with a toddler or having an easier pregnancy and recovery. I will say this; I know plenty of girls in their early 20's in awful shape, with bad diets & various ailments. I know plenty of moms having kids after 40 who are young at heart, vibrant & energetic. It's all about how you take care of yourself & what you eat & how you live.

It's normal to romanticize the past, but we all know that plenty of those young moms in the 40's were wishing they could've done more with their creative energy than darn a sock.

If you don't quite have your finances straight, if education isn't for you, if you don't care to travel, if you're an old soul & a domestic type, maybe you could use these pre-baby years to start a small home-based business or lifestyle blog (or both!) that involve your love of home & family. You could lay the foundation for a way to make some extra money while caring for your future babies down the line.
    I was going to comment, but then I read this, which sums up my thoughts exactly!

I don't really understand the comments that women in their 30s have a harder time keeping up with children than women in their 20s. When you get to your 30s, you'll understand! 30 is still very young and I can tell you I'm very fit (in fact, fitter than I was at 20)! Maybe women in their 40s or 50s would have a harder time, but not women in their 30s.

We're very lucky to live in a time when we can choose to be whoever we want to be. If you want to get married and have children young, you can. If you want to go to university, travel, work, etc, you can do that, too. However, someone will always criticise your choices, no matter your age! I'm 29 and my mother-in-law has already told me I'll be an "old" mum. Personally, I think I'm the perfect age, but of course she grew up in the 1950s and had her first baby at 20.

As the previous poster said, we all romanticise the past, but many women back then would've given anything to have had the opportunities young women have today.
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    The point of feminism is that women are supposed to be able to make their own choices. I commend you on yours!
    Beautifully put.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau