Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thank for your opinions!
    @kala_way: I agree, but I don't think children will get more creative than turtle...It depends very much on a child though.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

Sounds old-lady-ish to me.

Makes me think of a musty, old-lady house, with green plants around, and a turtle crawling on the floor.

Sorry, I think it is wretched. I went to school with a Myrtle and she had so much trouble with her name. She was called Myrtle the Turtle and people talked about how horrible it was. As much as I don't care for super popular names, I would much rather be an Ella, Sophia, or Emily than a Myrtle. You have to think about the child.

Beyond the little kids teasing her about being a turtle you have to consider the fact that thanks to the Harry Potter reference any teenage girl would likely face countless moaning Myrtle jokes. No way would I ever do that to my child.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    Myrtle rhymes with turtle. I honestly think that's why people are turned off by it.
    I just find the name quite ugly - along with some other names that seem to getting popular - Ethel, Mildred etc