Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Would You Still Use North if You Were Us?

Hi Guys,

We need some advice. We're not ttc just yet, but the plan has always been to name our first son's two middle names after both of our maternal grandfather's (William and Norman). Since our surname ends with an "n" and is 2 syllables, ______ William Norman ____n sounds awful so we planned to use North in honour of Norman. Norman mean's northener plus the Norman in question was a "northener" in the UK, so the name makes perfect sense to us.

Would you still use it for a boys middle name following the birth of North West?? Is it ruined now. I would just cringe if anyone thought they were the inspiration behind us using the name, although I know we can explain the meaning to us. What would you guys do?

Any opinions would be appreciated!
    27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie _____ Evelyn, Otto William, Lilac, Quentin, Angelica, Emrys, Mirabelle, Xavier, Phoebe, Harlan, Tabitha Barnaby, Ivy, Lennox

I would use it. It's a middle name, it's got meaning, if anyone questions you about it you have a story to tell them why you picked it. ____ William North ___n is very handsome as a combination, and I think it has much better flow than ___ William Norman ____n.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I would still use it as a mn if it had meaning to me!
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

I don't really see how someone could "ruin" a name by using it for their little baby. If little North West grows up to be a evil dictator or psychopath sadist, sure, but she's a little baby! I'm probably in the minority here, but I like Kanye West and I don't see any reason why them using this name should stop others from doing the same. If people think they inspired you, or that you're a massive Kardashian fan, so what? You know you're not (I'm assuming).
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I think that its fine to use, especially as a middle name. I also think that North is going to become a pretty popular name, so in a couple of years, no one will really associate it with just Kim and Kanye anymore
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla