Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I am sure I am in in the minority, but how about just using Fia? I am a firm believer of naming the child what she will be called. If Mia can be a stand alone, why not Fia?

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 19th, 2014 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    Agreed! I was just going to post this.

Besides, while I'm not fluent in Spanish, I still know quite a lot, and fea never crossed my mind for one second in your whole Fia thread. I would hope that you're safe. I am curious, though, with what frequency Fia is given to girls in Spanish-speaking countries... Is it possible to ask your missionary relatives what they would think if they met a Fia?
    I actually checked out the stats in Spain because I was curious too. I speak Spanish fluently, have lived in Spain for a few years, and "fea" never crossed my mind either.
    Turns out, though, that Fia isn't used in Spain, or if it is, it's used less than 20 times in the country. I mean, I know a bunch of people in Spain whose names don't exist in the stats because there's too few of them, so that's not to say there aren't any Spanish Fias. I'd check out Italian stats, except I don't know where to find them...
    Lucia
    Seraphine, Jemima, Leonor, Seffora, Eulalia
    Edmund, Marius, Joscelin, Earnest, Caspar

My cousin didn't associate fea with Fia; she says I and E are significantly different in Spanish and not at all interchangeable, and besides, the sound of the central vowel is different (don't I have a cool cousin!). So very good news for the Fia fans!

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    My cousin didn't associate fea with Fia; she says I and E are significantly different in Spanish and not at all interchangeable, and besides, the sound of the central vowel is different (don't I have a cool cousin!). So very good news for the Fia fans!
    So does Fia have a chance still? :]
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus