Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    @slavebrackets - Meconium is the word for a baby's first poop. I think melena can be used to refer to a black tarry poop by anyone (not necessarily a baby).
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I know a girl named milena (pronounced muh-lawn-ah) never heard anything about the tarry poop word
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

Yeah I've heard the melena thing before. It sucks, because Milena is a beautiful name!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Eve, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora, Fawn
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Casper, Leopold

I've told my husband countless times that this is why we can't use the name Melina (mel-ee-na). However, Milena (mel-ay-na) was still on the table for quite sometime after. In the end, we ended up deciding that it was just too likely that Milena would be pronounced as Melina by most of the general public and that was an association we didn't want to think about. However, if she were to go my Millie or Mila (my favorite) most of the time, that wouldn't be as much of a concern, I think.

Honestly, I had no idea that melena was a medical term for black tarry poop...and I doubt many others do as well.

I've seen far worse names used.