Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

thoughts on my top five?

Hi guys, thanks for the advice on my last thread. The only "Ellie" name we could agree on was Eloise but we aren't so sure about it anymore. We have a few more ideas that I'd like to get outside feedback on:

Allison/Alison "Allie" - my personal favourite (also which spelling do you prefer? No Ys please!)
    Addison "Addie" -I LOVE but DH isn't convinced. Also is it getting too popular?
    Emerson "Emmie" - DH prefers this. I like it but it's not my first choice.
    Lilia "Lily" - Both of us love this but is it too similar to Avia?
    Sienna - one of my all time favourites but DH doesn't like colour names (which also killed the chances of Violet and Scarlett )

Do you have any advice or opinions on these names?

Middle name will most likely be Marie to honour my grandmother.

Thanks

I think Allison Marie would be quite pretty. I think Allison has been around the longest and this longevity goes a long way in determining the staying power of a name. It's built to last. The only problem is that the name shares an initial with Avia. Lilia is too similar to Avia. I don't mind Sienna with Avia because it has a different sound. Addison and Emerson are too boyish with a sister named Avia. Do you like Emmeline Marie (you can get Ellie for the middle syllable)?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by katiecro View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the advice on my last thread. The only "Ellie" name we could agree on was Eloise but we aren't so sure about it anymore. We have a few more ideas that I'd like to get outside feedback on:

Allison/Alison "Allie" - my personal favourite (also which spelling do you prefer? No Ys please!)
    Addison "Addie" -I LOVE but DH isn't convinced. Also is it getting too popular?
    Emerson "Emmie" - DH prefers this. I like it but it's not my first choice.
    Lilia "Lily" - Both of us love this but is it too similar to Avia?
    Sienna - one of my all time favourites but DH doesn't like colour names (which also killed the chances of Violet and Scarlett )

Do you have any advice or opinions on these names?

Middle name will most likely be Marie to honour my grandmother.

Thanks
    Hmm...
    My thoughts on the names:
    Allison/Alison - this name is very sweet, she has a humble sound, and looks very wholesome. I prefer the Alison spelling it just feels cleaner and looks more put-together. I like both the Allie nickname as well as Ali however Ali does feel slightly masculine due to the name people very common for males in Asian communities. So if you don't mind the masculine association I'd say Ali is my personal favourite out of the nickname spellings.

Addison - Not attractive. I picture it as a boy's name but I dislike it. Addie is a cute nickname but there are so many lovely Addie names out there which you could use like Adelaide, Adeline, Adele, and Adelisa.

Emerson - For me this name feels really masculine. I know an adorable little boy named Emerson; he's black British with gorgeous hair and dark eyes. He's so cute and lovely so of course I also remember Emerson with him thus I never associated with being a girl. I do love the Emmy nickname for example Emma, Emmeline, Emily etc.

Lilia - I love this name, she's sweet, demure, elegant, classy, and has a gorgeous floral beat. Lilia has such a spunky vibe and looks effortless. I also love the 'Lily' nickname for Lilia, Lily feels like a sweet fall back nickname. I also love the Lia nickname as well for a more unusual kick. But yes she is similar to Avia.

Sienna - This name is very sweet and has a lovely sound. She's also associated with the colour, but also the name Sienna is association with Siena the Tuscanian city which is lovely. To avoid the colour connotation you could use Siena.

Out of these names my favourites are Lilia, Sienna, and Alison. The best name that works with Avia though is Alison but this could be limiting due to having two 'A' names. My favourite suggestion would be Siena?

Suggestions:
    Clara
    Paige
    Ella
    Elizabeth
    Isabella
    Rose

: )

Lilia is my favourite of those names, but it is very similar to Avia. Why not just pretty simple Lily? I also like Alison, with that spelling. Nn I'd spell Aly like Alianne from the Tortall books Addison I don't like, reminds me of adders. I love Emmy but not Emerson. Sienna is absolutely gorgeous, but 'burnt sienna' is my first association with it.
    ~~~~~~14 year old Canadian geek~~~~~~
    Girls:
    Alaska, Laila, Jasmine, Rachel, Amara, Daine, Anne, Sarai, Caroline, Alianne, Freya, Sophie, Coraline, Beth
    Combos: Alaska Jasmine, Alianne Inara, Laila Coraline, Freya Sarai, Anne Zaina, Rachel Amira, Amara May, Sophie Noor, Beth Aziza
    Boys:
    Avery, Rowan, Stellan, Sky, Dusk, Hart, Castiel, Alastair
    Combos: Dusk Alexander, Sky Amir, Hart Ismail

The only one I like is Sienna. It has such a pretty sound. I didn't know it was a color. I think more of the mini van as an association. I'm guessing Lilia is pronounced lil-e-a so I think Lillian sounds much better. The name Addison has always annoyed me for some reason.
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hil lary

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer