Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Yep, what everyone else said! Nameberry is definitely my sharing forum. If I end up conceiving #3, the berries would probably even find out before my husband!! well, a close second anyway!
    But I never share names in real life. Even middle names. People have made the assumption that if we have a girl the middle name will be my MIL as our other daughter's middle name is my mum's. But I refuse to even confirm that! And it's not because I think someone will "steal" it, it's simply that people are so judgey judges that I couldn't stand people poo pooing my name ideas!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    haha, no, not really. [. . .] But I'm not terribly worried, no. Mainly because the chances that a future hypothetical husband would actually LOVE one of my exact combos are pretty rare, so I'm trying not to get terribly attached, anyway.
    I completely agree with Ashley! Most of the classic, family-heirloom type names that I have loved for years are now coming back into style under the guise of vintagey-chic-hipster, so there's not much I can do, anyways. I'm much more worried about my future DH saying no to everything and having to start from scratch

No, I think some of the names I like are not really many people's style. However, a few years ago, my friend was pregnant and ended up having a boy. She had been posting on a pregnancy message board and before she knew the sex, had shared her girl name (fn was pretty uncommon). Another girl had a daughter a little while later and changed the name at the last minute to the exact fn/mn combination my friend had decided on if her son had been a girl. It would obviously be way more annoying if it happened in real life, but I just thought that was odd when she told me.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

@tct1219- that is very strange how she came up with the exact same combo or did your tell her the name and she used it? If not that is just a freaky coincidence!
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

Nope.
    While I think I have amazing favourite combos, I know most people don't "get them". I couldn't care less if someone used the names I love- I'm not so possessive to think I should keep my favourites under lock and key. Plus, it's not like I'm going to use all my favourites anyway. I've never strived for originality in my names, so when I see them repeated, I'm more excited someone else likes it, rather than disappointed.

That being said, I don't usually share my favourites in 'real life' because I know one person who'd be supportive of all of them, and everyone else would have nothing positive to say. Seeing as I'm not having a baby right now, I don't care to invite that kind of negativity in to my enjoyment of names as a hobby.
    Lucia
    Name aficionada, traveller, teacher, wonderfully enamoured
    Sela Beatrix, Adelaide Flora, Vivian Lilac, Orchid Minerva, Audrey Cordelia
    Opal, Zinnia, Sefora, Leire, Nuria, Freya

Bastian Leir, Gideon Felix, Fletcher Atlas, Ephraim Grey, Joscelin Amos
    Eneko, Ekhi, Bruno, Oriol, Earnest, Ivor