Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Well my naming combos skills are not that great lol but I am even hesitant to tell friends the names we choose as well. Especially for combos my boyfriend and I come up with since we made it up together. I have always been like that. Some people see it as an honor but for me its not like that. Even as a young child if a fellow student copied what I did it would almost frustrate me.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

No, I agree with dindlee too. I wouldn't be afraid of someone using them on here! It's not like we all live in the same neighborhood or are part of the same family; NB's board are very international.

And I've learned so many names from here (Cassiane and Ottilie come to mind), I'd hate for someone else to feel like I couldn't have them on a list of favorites too. I think it's great that we all share!
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett13001 View Post
    Well my naming combos skills are not that great lol but I am even hesitant to tell friends the names we choose as well. Especially for combos my boyfriend and I come up with since we made it up together. I have always been like that. Some people see it as an honor but for me its not like that. Even as a young child if a fellow student copied what I did it would almost frustrate me.
    I am not afraid of sharing combinations on NB - I'd be flattered if someone here used them. BUT I wouldn't share them IRL. I wouldn't want the name combination to be used before I could use it by someone the child could/would know (unlikely though) or to be criticized before I used it by a friend, or worse, a family member.
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

Partially. I wouldn't really care with some of my names that I know are sort of popular. However, I once shared a very very unique name on nameberry- Zealand. I knew it wasn't really a name, but I loved it, with its cute nicknames Zea and zeal! Then I saw it pop up on some other threads shortly thereafter that people were considering it. I think that sort of hurt a little bit because i thought it was my own unique idea. Otherwise, not really any issues with sharing

I can totally see where you were you are coming from @bostonsavvy. That is why I think I am almost hesitant to share in the real world and here but I love having the berries opinions since they are outsiders who give you the truth. I do not care if people use the first name its when I see the whole combo I have come up with being used by someone else. That hurts. Like I have seen the exact same girl combo (Hazel June Marie) my boyfriend and I have come up with bouncing around a lot after I started a thread about it. And getting him to even talk names and like a name is a process. So that is annoying for me. Even though it probably shouldn't matter because what are the odds of you running into that person.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.