Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

*Help* with naming our first born?

Hi Berries,

The DH and I can't agree on any names for our first child (baby boy) due in December. I would appreciate any feedback on the name list below or any additional names you think would suit us! DH likes names that are super popular (Max, Henry, Aiden, etc.) while I favor nothing in the top 100. A couple of years back, we both liked Asher, but now I fear that it's become super popular and will continue to rise well into the top 50. We prefer Biblical, Jewish, Hebrew or Yiddish names, since we are both Jewish, and our last name is fairly common (and does not sound Jewish). However, we are open to anything at this point (I also have a fondness for Irish, English and Latin names and any name with a tie to baseball).

Here is the list so far:
    Asher (I'll leave it on for now - curious on your thoughts)
    Jonah (this is the DH's pick and his favorite; I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me)
    Liev
    Theo
    Morgan
    Nathaniel
    Riley
    Dustin
    Omri
    Aviv
    Casey
    Jeremy

Thoughts? Thanks!

Congratulations on your soon to be here baby boy!

From y'all's picks I particularly love:

Jonah: I have to agree with your husband, this name is awesome!
    Liev: I think this name is handsome, masculine, and will age well with your son.
    Nathaniel: This name is cool, and has great nickname potential if you so choose to nickname your son, Nate and Nathan.
    Dustin: Has a cowboy feel to me, but I'm from the southwest U.S. and a lot of cowboys are named this.
    Aviv: This one is cool!
    Jeremy: The other day I met a Jeremy that went by Remy, I like Jeremy and I thought the nn was cool too!

Thanks for your help! I love Liev - it's probably my #1 right now, but I'm worried people will have issues with the pronunciation (it's Lee-ehv, not Leave). I like Lev too, but I like Liev better. Aviv means spring in Hebrew (Aviva is the feminized version, which was on our girl's list). Jeremy is the one name that doesn't really fit with our other choices (very popular in for my generation in the 70s/80s) but I've always loved it and it flows well with our last name. I like the name Nathaniel from Six Feet Under (nn Nate) - it's the most popular on the list but I think it will work well in all walks of life (social, business, etc.). The husband thinks Dustin is just "eh" (his exact reaction) so it might fall off soon. Thanks again!

Hubby and I are the same way,except opposite. I love the popular names and he prefers things he hasn't heard often before. Here is our boys list-

Liam Parker
    Merrick Thomas
    Rhett Maverick
    Flynn Ignatius
    Callen Thomas
    Declan John
    Macoy John

For biblical/Hebrew names....

Zevi (good alternative to Levi)
    Elias
    Malachi
    Jeremiah (instead of Jeremy)
    Gideon
    Zephaniah
    Ziph (descendant of Judah and biblical place name)
    Ari

Latin/Irish/English/baseball names

Jacoby (redsox pitcher)
    Sebastian
    Diego
    Rylan
    Griffin
    Xavier
    Phineus
    Killian
    Rafe
    Kiernan

If you love Liev, I'd also suggest... (with the same lee-____ pronunciation)

Liav
    Liam
    Lior
    Liron

All solid yet softer Hebrew masculine names with very nice meanings...