Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mariemama View Post
    I am suddenly loving Holiday for a girl, to go with my Henry (sometimes known as Atlas, his middle).

Can anyone think of a nickname besides the obvious Hollie/y?

Is it too "unique" to match the classic Henry? I went with classic fn and unique middle with my son, so wonder if Holiday is better suited as a mn to match this style? But I am loving the idea of another H first name, and the quirkiness of Holiday is appealing to me! Are they too matchy?

Also, what do you think of Atlas and Holiday? Too vacation-y sounding together?

Perhaps I am talking myself right out of loving Holiday. But it is so cute and spunky!

Your thoughts are appreciated!
    Hmm...
    I love Holiday it's a gorgeous choice! Concerning a nickname I like the idea of Hallie as a nickname it doesn't feel so seasonal which Hollie does with the name Holiday the whole thing screams Christmas. Whereas Hallie doesn't and yet still works. I also like Day as a nickname, but in all honestly Holiday doesn't really need a nickname. For instance I'm Victoria and normally always called Victoria. In a way I do think Holiday is too unique for Henry, just because Henry is such a classic and Holiday is far too out-there, furthermore they are a little bit matchy. I love the fact that you went for a unique middle name and a classic first name, I think Holiday works perfectly as a middle name especially as it ties in with Atlas I love the whole vacation thing! It's such a subtle way to connect them. To be honest I understand the appeal of having another 'H' name but if you do have any more children the 'h' thing could be limiting. So if I was you I'd use Holiday as a middle name.
    Suggestions:
    Clara Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Juliet Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Elisabeth Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Elspeth Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Blythe Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Lillian Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Rosalind Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Elena Holiday & Henry Atlas

Such an adorable name!

Nicknames for Holiday could be:

Hollie
    Oli
    Lida
    Liddy
    Ida
    Day

A stretch:

Hilda
    Lia

Quote Originally Posted by tori101 View Post
    Hmm...
    I love Holiday it's a gorgeous choice! Concerning a nickname I like the idea of Hallie as a nickname it doesn't feel so seasonal which Hollie does with the name Holiday the whole thing screams Christmas. Whereas Hallie doesn't and yet still works. I also like Day as a nickname, but in all honestly Holiday doesn't really need a nickname. For instance I'm Victoria and normally always called Victoria. In a way I do think Holiday is too unique for Henry, just because Henry is such a classic and Holiday is far too out-there, furthermore they are a little bit matchy. I love the fact that you went for a unique middle name and a classic first name, I think Holiday works perfectly as a middle name especially as it ties in with Atlas I love the whole vacation thing! It's such a subtle way to connect them. To be honest I understand the appeal of having another 'H' name but if you do have any more children the 'h' thing could be limiting. So if I was you I'd use Holiday as a middle name.
    Suggestions:
    Clara Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Juliet Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Elisabeth Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Elspeth Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Blythe Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Lillian Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Rosalind Holiday & Henry Atlas
    Elena Holiday & Henry Atlas

I think you are right about it being great for the middle spot, and I especially love your suggestion of Juliet Holiday! So adorable!

I also like Elizabeth Holiday (I prefer the "z" spelling), Eliza Holiday, Catherine Holiday, and Ramona Holiday
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses

Quote Originally Posted by irmgard+theodorian View Post
    Such an adorable name!

Nicknames for Holiday could be:

Hollie
    Oli
    Lida
    Liddy
    Ida
    Day

A stretch:

Hilda
    Lia

Ida and Oli (Ollie) are inspired options, thank you! I especially adore Ollie. I love Holiday as is, but am also a big fan of cute interesting nicknames.
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses

Daisy

Holiday is on my list and I'd call her Daisy/Daysie

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden