Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quirky Names

Quirky Names

Hi all,
    We are at a bit of a loss and wanted some friendly suggestions for names that we might not have considered for our baby girl (due February). We are both artists living in Wales, my partner has mostly English and Welsh ancestry while I have French and Danish only a generation back. We have some rough choices in mind and just wanted a few more suggestions really before we decide.
    Front-runners at the moment are,
    Anais
    Edith (perhaps Edith Anais?)
    Gwen (Gwendoline?)
    Avery
    Ada (my G Grandmother's middle name)
    Ava
    Matilda/Mathilde

We seem to like French, English, Welsh and Scandinavian names, usually fairly quirky. We were quite set on Edith Anais but lots of our friends kind of grimaced at the suggestion of Edith and we don't know about Anais as a forename as we don't like the shortening "Anna" or "Annie". Any opinions or suggestions hugely appreciated!

I should also mention my surname is long, double barrelled and French (B***t-F****l), which will probably affect the forename choices somewhat?

I can totally see the spunk in your name choices.
    Suggestions:
    Aimee, Thea, Fiona, Adele, Aline, Avril (Too Avril Levine?), Emilie, Eulalie, Fleur, Gigi, Inez/Ines, Magali, Odette, Aina/Aino (prn: IE-nah/ IE-noh), Anna, Eira, Hella, Inga, Selma, Thora, Urusla, Vera, Vita, Eluned, Enid, Alis, Mairwen, or Tegan. (Apparently I think of shorter names when I think quirky).

I really like Edith and Anais just not together the combo comes across as a bit eek-y. It's too heavy on the E, Ah sounds. Sorry I don't know how better to describe that. lol.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Quote Originally Posted by lexiem View Post
    I can totally see the spunk in your name choices.
    Suggestions:
    Aimee, Thea, Fiona, Adele, Aline, Avril (Too Avril Levine?), Emilie, Eulalie, Fleur, Gigi, Inez/Ines, Magali, Odette, Aina/Aino (prn: IE-nah/ IE-noh), Anna, Eira, Hella, Inga, Selma, Thora, Urusla, Vera, Vita, Eluned, Enid, Alis, Mairwen, or Tegan. (Apparently I think of shorter names when I think quirky).

I really like Edith and Anais just not together the combo comes across as a bit eek-y. It's too heavy on the E, Ah sounds. Sorry I don't know how better to describe that. lol.
    Thank you, great suggestions. I really like Ines, Alis, Eira and Enid. We thought about Odette for a while but not sure about it and don't like the shortened Odie as it was our pet cat's name (died not so long ago).

Quite fond of Ottilie, too..