Names Searched Right Now:

Is Faye going to be the new May?

We've got Tabitha Faye as the frontrunner for a daughter. We love both the names, individually and separately, but I'm now having a re-think on the middle name. With May/Mae being so popular as a filler name, is Faye going to be the natural successor?

There's no family honouring unlike with our boy middle (Gregory) but Nico's middle (Joseph) we picked because we loved it too but couldn't use as a first due to having female Jo's on both sides of our family, so if we wanted to use it it had to be a middle so we thought why not?

But I don't want people to think "oh, another middle name Faye, how unoriginal" - it seems every other girl has the middle name May, Rose or Grace at the minute and because Faye rhymes with May I'm a bit worried. We didn't pick it for the flow, but because my husband fell in love with it and I felt it was just too short as a first name next to Dominic so I agreed to use it as a middle. But if it's going to be the new filler middle should I ask him if we can change it?
    My two bundles of love, Dominic Joseph and Tabitha Faye

I don't think it is showing signs of that yet. I hang around on a few name websites on either side of the pond and I haven't noticed it coming through as a common middle. Things like Alice, Jane, Maeve are gaining momentum in the middle slot but I don't think Faye is in danger of becoming an ubiquitous filler middle.

Lovely name, I'd stick with it.

Oh I'm so glad you said that that makes me feel better that it's the consensus from a few sites as well. We're happy with the names as we have them but with just a few weeks to go now I'm having those last minute panics over whether we've made the right decision. I had this last time too but no website to stress out on, just my husband to annoy. I think he's relieved I've found this place where I can worry away.
    My two bundles of love, Dominic Joseph and Tabitha Faye