Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Consonant Clash: WDYT of Emmett?

First baby due in January of 2014. Bit eager to get started on names but oh well. For a boy, I really like Emmett, and I know there's the Twilight connection but I don't mind. My surname is Wright and I'm worried that Emmett Wright is a bit to hard to say. You know what I mean? Any suggestions?

(I also like Bastien, Leo, Finley, Arthur, Keir, Cosmo, Jasper, Lucian, Jared, Clancy, Alfred for a boy)

I see what you mean and I wouldn't say that Emmett Wright rolls off the tongue, but I don't think it really matters. It's not a tongue twister and you'll only be calling him Emmett, which, by the way, I really like.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I loveeee the name Emmett! I wish I could use it myself but I'm an Emily so it'd be weird to have two Ems. Anyway, I don't think that it's so hard to say you can't still use it. If you love it, go for it!
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

Thanks for the kind replies and suggestions. Feel for you with Emily and Emmett names. One of my all time favourite names is Arthur. Alas, my surname's Wright, so I can't use it! X

I love Emmett. It would be on my list if my name wasn't Emily. Emmett Wright sounds fine to me.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine