Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I really like both names individually. And Tovie and Poppy sound very cute together, and rather match-y.

I don't think Tove and Persephone are a match. But how much does having a sib-set matter to you, and how much to you like (love?) Persephone? You will introducing your daughters together while they are children and a sib-set, but they'll be introducing themselves as individuals for most of their adult lives. I say this because my mom "matched" my sister's name to mine, and I feel she (my sister, that is) got the short end of the stick in that her name had to flow with/match mine, instead of just being a name that everyone loved by itself. I got a name the whole family loved, but my mom regrets my sister's name.
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

I'm with the above poster - If you love both names, use them. Don't focus too much on the sib-set aspect since they will each be her own person and appreciate having a name that was significant to you.

Ps. My name does not match stylistically with my siblings AT ALL (and I'm the oldest) and it has made 0 impact on my life.

Thanks! I was feeling that they were really mismatched and having sibling names that share similar styles is impritant to me for some reason. Zara is my #1 choice for a sister to Tove because I think they sound so lovely together.
    Tove's first middle name is Seraphina, so she has some feminine frill hidden in there! ;-)
    I don't love Persephone, but hubby said he liked it and he really likes poppy, but I think poppy is too playful next to Tove. I will see what he thinks of the pippi variations, but I think he would prefer pippa. :-( although I will move Persephone to a middle possibility! I do like zinnia :-)
    Hubby also likes Juneau, while I like juniper, but was turned off when someone mentioned that it was trendy.
    Do you feel juniper is trendy?
    Welcomed T January 2012

Expecting another little mover July 2013

Will it be -

Genevieve, Zara, Catalina, Maylia, Juliet or Ivy

OR

Archer, Bodhi, Teague, Miller, Tavish, or Rio

I love the ideas of Zara or Juno as a sister for Tove. Zara Persephone and Juno Persephone are both awesome! I do prefer Zara Persephone though. Juno Persephone has too much...Mythological context to it.

I have to ask. Tove Seraphina is AMAZING, but you said Seraphina was her first middle name. What's her full name? I'm super curious
    Kylee
    Not baking, just planning...

Beautiful Ladies:
    Muiranne, Scarlett and Eliza

Handsome Gentlemen:
    Asher, Charlie and Nathaniel

For combos, please check out: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9839415

Her name is Tove Seraphina Io :-)
    I think Juno Persephone is too much too :-) I shall take another look at Zara Persephone. :-)
    Welcomed T January 2012

Expecting another little mover July 2013

Will it be -

Genevieve, Zara, Catalina, Maylia, Juliet or Ivy

OR

Archer, Bodhi, Teague, Miller, Tavish, or Rio