Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tove and Persephone?

Our daughters name is Tove ( like stove) which is one syllable. Her nickname is Tovie.
    Considering Persephone for #2 due in four weeks, but wondering what the opinions are on a 1 syllable and 4 syllable sib set. Does it sound weird?
    Would love to call her Poppy, is that too whismical to be paired with Tove?
    Haven't had a chance to pair up middles yet, but would love suggestions, if any strike! :-)
    Welcomed T January 2012
    And M July 2013

Expecting another little mover May 2015

Will it be -

Genevieve, Zara, Catalina, Juliet or Ivy

OR

Archer, Bodhi, Teague, Miller, Tavish, or Rio

Anyone have advice?
    Welcomed T January 2012
    And M July 2013

Expecting another little mover May 2015

Will it be -

Genevieve, Zara, Catalina, Juliet or Ivy

OR

Archer, Bodhi, Teague, Miller, Tavish, or Rio

In my eyes I do feel that Persephone is too long for Tovie.

Persephone and Tovie don't work together, Persephone visually looks far to long next to a name as short as Tovie. As a sibling set the names look off together and don't have a natural flow. Tovie feels like a unique nickname created into a first name. Whereas Persephone feels very serious and has a lot of associations and character. I adore Persephone and I like the idea of Poppy as a nickname but I do feel that Poppy is too whimsical next to Tovie. But I think Persephone could work as a middle name.
    Suggestions:
    Etta Persephone & Tovie
    Lena Persephone & Tovie
    Anya Persephone & Tovie
    Jade Persephone & Tovie
    Orlaith Persephone & Tovie
    Willa Persephone & Tovie
    Olive Persephone & Tovie
    Jolie Persephone & Tovie
    Zinnia Persephone & Tovie

Hmm, I'm not crazy about them together either. I love the sleekness of Tove, but next to Persephone, if I were a little girl named Tove, I'd feel like I got the short end of the frilly/feminine stick.

Tovie & Poppy aren't bad together. Maybe Poppy could work as a nickname for something a little shorter? Portia? Piper? Or maybe look for another serious 1 or 2 syl first with a peppy nn. Maybe use Persephone in the middle? From your signature, I love the idea of Tove & Zara!

Just brainstorming...
    Juno
    Jane
    Esther
    Mae
    Phoebe
    Freya
    Greer
    Lark
    Liv
    Ruth

Tove is scrumptious. Tove and...

Juniper (shares Tove's frosty, evergreen, northern vibe. bracing and beautiful)

Astrid
    Pia (nicknamed Pippi) I'd go for a name I could nickname Pippi (as opposed to Poppy) with Tove, if you want to continue a spunky Nordic theme.
    or Paaie (Manx form of Peggy, prn "PIEyuh")
    Pipaluk (again, "Pippi") This one's a bit wild, but I love it.
    Anouk
    Flora

Persephone is not as crisp and fierce as Tove, though it's a deep, beautiful name. I don't think they're too off-the-wall together as sisters... just not an intuitive match.