Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How bad are the initials F.C.K.?

Some of my favorites for a boy start with F. However, both family names (my dad and FIL's middle names) that are likely candidates for a middle name start with C... thereby giving us the initials F.C.K. Just seeing them lined up together like that gets me all apprehensive. Would giving a second middle make it any better? A second middle is a good possibility anyway, as DD has two. I'm just not sure, since most people will probably only know his first middle... meh. I have loads of time to think about this, but it's bugging me. :roll:
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

As long as the second middle doesn't start with an u

I actually don't think it's that bad, maybe because (here in Europe at least) a lot of football (soccer) clubs have initials starting with FC so that was my first association. But two middles are fun, and if little Ivy has it, why not?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

eek. Not great. I generally advise people not to worry so much about initials (most recently HAT and another I recall was BS--harmless, right?). FCK is a little less innocent as far as teasing potential though. A second middle would help as long as it's not a U, obvi.
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent

If I swear in a text message, and don't want to actually swear, I type fck, or fcking. I instantly see the other word, but that's just me.

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I wouldn't do it, I instantly see a swear word in it. If you added a second middle, like FBCK or FCNK, it wouldn't be quite as bad.
    Mum to Luke and Elliot, stepmum to Libby. Baby #4 is currently being grown.