Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roland

I really like Roland. I think I would use the full name for a boy, but possibly Roo, Ro, or Andy when he was younger. It reminds me of the Song of Roland (La Chanson de Roland), the French epic, and is consequently, imo, a very handsome and gentlemanly name. Brings to mind images of knights and chivalry and courageous battles, etc.

Roland is such a strong and distinguished name, with lots of potential for nicknames if you want them.

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by towelday42 View Post
    The first thing came up to me was the character from Stephen King's Dark Tower series and the old poem about the legend of Roland the knight. It's a great name and your boy would love it after he read the novel.
    This is the first thing I thought of too! I love the sound of the name. I'd probably call him Rollo or Ro, but I've always sort of thought Roald would work as a NN for Roland too. Like Roald Dahl. Very literary.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Whitney · Atlas

I have a bad association with the name (middle school bully) but that is personal. You have a much better association, and I think the nickname Rolo is adorable!!

Sorry but I'm not a big fan. I knew a kid named Roland, and he was nn'd Ronnie. Very few people knew his real name was Roland. it always reminded me of the candy...Rolos.