Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I had that 'gut' feeling when I realized it was 5 wks since my LMP... and imagine I didn't want to take a test because I didn't want it to be positive.. .. well you guessed, I eventually took the test... now almost 6 mths later... I cant wait for the day I'll hold my baby girl in my arms... a sweet, precious surprise... and loving every moment of it..

Quote Originally Posted by sjwatson View Post
    I think it's easy to rationalise things with science and all the information we have available these days but sometimes there are things that can't be explained....I knew immediately after doing the "deed" with two of my pregnancies that i had just gotten pregnant. Dont ask me how- it was just the immediate thought which popped into my head- "oh i just got pregnant." Logically I know that doesn't make sense (especially as I ovulated two days after in this pregnancy's case) - neither time were we actively trying so it wasn't on my radar.
    I have also always experienced symptoms before a positive result too, even though someone on here said that's not possible- my sense of smell always increases dramatically.
    Women's bodies and their relationship to them are remarkable and don't always do what they're "supposed" to!
    The general argument against that is that, biologically speaking, what is happening in the immediate time following intercourse cannot be detected by the brain. You're talking about itty bitty microscopic cells meeting inside your uterus, sometimes up to 48 hours after intercourse, going about their business for a few days and THEN implanting and setting off hormonal shift which some women are aware of on a subconscious level.

Bodies don't always do what they're supposed to, sure, but impregnation always follows a certain timeline that doesn't include anything detectable by the brain for a matter of days.

As far as the "I just got pregnant" thought popping into your head... I've had something similar many a time. Of course, I've never actually BEEN pregnant until now. I think for me, it was a reaction to a particularly emotional session, and feeling very bonded with my partner (and perhaps knowing I was close to ovulating). I would imagine if one is actually trying to conceive, that would be a more meaningful and memorable feeling.

I remember my mother always saying that she "just knew right away" every time she was pregnant, and I felt so out of touch with myself for not knowing before the positive test. When I brought it up to her, she said that she didn't get that feeling until she was already 6-8 weeks along (after I found out), but that was her definition of "right away." I worry that women are putting undue pressure on themselves and looking for signs where they don't exist, just so they can tout that they're "in tune with their bodies."
    One little born 1/14

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Scarlett, didn't you just get off birth control? It takes a while for your body to adjust to that. My sister got pregnant six months after she went off the pill, and her doctor said that was pretty normal. Besides, in your other thread you said you only had sex one time during your ovulation period, get a bit more active between the sheets or on the kitchen counter and see what happens.
    I have been off the pill for a few months now. And I was not on it for a long time like other people sometimes are. I hated the way it made me feel. And I have had normal menstrual cycles now. When I first got off the pill my period timing was totally whacky but now its regular again. Lol I know its hard since he is always so tired! I literally could walk away for a second, come back and he is passed out. Correct on the other thread we tried twice during that ovulation period which probably was not enough and I think I missed the window of opportunity by the time we decided we wanted to TTC now vs. fall/winter.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

I really appreciate everyone chiming in! I want to have a little one so badly I think that is why I am stressing out and I also am very impatient. So even if we arent this time around which I feel that I am not we have the next cycle. I just hate waiting! Plus I do not want my boyfriend to get discouraged and not want to try. He already thinks something may be wrong with him like a low sperm count or something odd. I think he is more stressed than I am. I am trying to relax and lucky enough my business is helping me keep my mind off of this whole situation. But hearing everyone's personal experiences truly does help.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

Just remember to enjoy the process. I have known multiple couples who tried for quite a while and were always stressed about what may be wrong and then as soon as they stopped actively trying but still not using bc they got pregnant right away because they didn't have the negative effects that stress causes.