Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Philippa!?

What do you think of the name for a little girl and what would you pair it with?
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

It's funny because I say I adore this name, but I don't think I would want it to be my name. I think I only like it because it's an excuse to get to Pippa

I like it paired with a short middle name, my favorite being Wren. I think it flows very nicely and gives it a little more modern twist!

I love Philippa and the meaning!

Here's some ideas:

- Philippa Alize
    - Philippa Arwen
    - Philippa Chivon
    - Philippa Greer
    - Philippa Islene
    - Philippa Jesirae
    - Philippa Kersten
    - Philippa Norine
    - Philippa Raizel
    - Philippa Sarette
    - Philippa Sky

Good Luck.
    Love & Blessings! xo

It is this weird blend of stately and silly. That makes it kind of charming, but also kind of grates. I feel like it might become a name very heavily tied to this point in history because of the royal sibling. On the other hand Penelope and Piper are rising too so maybe it's something about double P names. I don't care for it much but it's certainly fine - it could sound good with the right middle and last certainly. I agree short middles are likely to be easiest in many cases.

I've loved this name for a long time. I was first aware of it I think in the late 70's. There was a TV movie starring Diana Rigg as a nun named Philippa. It was the first time I ever heard it. I regret I didn't name one of my daughters Philappa. I thought the nn would be Pippy (like Pippy Longstocking). I'd hesitate to use it now because everyone would think I got it from Pippa Middleton.