Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Harper vs. Hazel, Phoebe vs. Piper

Which is your favorites out of these four and why? Trying to narrow down my list, thanks

1. Harper

2. Hazel

3. Phoebe

4. Piper

I like Harper (especially considering the Harper Lee connection), but could never bring myself to use it because of the harping and harpy negative connotations.

Hazel is okay, but I once knew a not-so-great Hazel so the name is ruined for me.

Phoebe is probably my favorite out of these four.

Piper reminds me of the Pied Piper, which disturbs me a bit (for some strange reason, lol).

Hazel and Phoebe. Harper is very "I'm wicked hipster and cool" to me, especially where I live.... way overdone.
    Hazel is fresh and inviting and I love "z" in names.
    Phoebe's meaning puts it over Piper for me.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Hazel, then Phoebe, Harper, and Piper. The last two are just too trendy for me. Hazel is so pretty.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

Hazel and Piper.

Hazel is refreshingly vintage while Harper is more or less trendy.

I suppose Piper, too, is trendy, but I know a little Piper and she's definitely influenced my opinion of the name for the better. I'd also take it any day over Phoebe. I don't know why, but Phoebe's always struck me as an odd name. It's not beautiful to me, creative, or strong, just weird. Of course, this may or may not be a lasting result of all the Friends episodes I've seen.