Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You're fine. Puffy ankles and swelling in pregnancy is caused by mechanical compression of the veins by the big uterus, and since your uterus is still tiny and your baby is still microscopic, you do not need to worry. It would take an extraordinary amount of salt intake to overcome a healthy person's natural sodium balance mechanisms, which are a complex interplay between the adrenal gland, the kidney, the carotid body and the brain. Sodium is the single most important cation in the body and is very, very tightly regulated; deficiencies are caused by specific diseases/injuries which are rare, unmistakeable and life-threatening. So enjoy!
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

@blade - Thank you for your (as always) in-depth answer!
    @poppy - I also have pretty low BP, so I'm not too worried about that!

Thanks!
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

I was the same at that stage. Couldn't bear anything sweeter than an underripe banana! I was craving things I never do (and never eat), like chips and fried rice.

It let up around week 7, though, so I was only on a salt kick for a couple of weeks. My cravings normalized but are still almost always savory as opposed to sweet - though I did wake up from a dream a few days ago where I'd eaten an ice cream cake roll, and that was all I wanted! I wouldn't worry about it too much, things will change soon anyway (then probably change back, then change again, and again... what a ride!)

Congratulations!
    One little born 1/14