Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Craving salt and salty foods...

So I am only about 5 - 5.5 weeks, but I cannot get enough salt/salty foods. I'm worried about getting too much salt! I can't get enough green olives, pickles, salty homemade soups, salsa and tortilla chips, etc. What do you mom Berries think, should I give in to my cravings or hold back so not to OD on salt?
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

Don't do it!! I am not a salt lover and I ate fairly healthy throughout my pregnancy and I still had swollen feet & legs at the end! It was really uncomfortable. If you must indulge I guess you could counter it with foods that combat bloat and have a lot of water content.

I never craved salt... but I would just eat it (you don't need to eat massive portions, but if salt is what you want, I'd go for it). Just make sure you drink lots of water and eat lots of veg and fruit to weigh up for it!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Some people do have sodium deficiencies. Can you talk to the doc about getting your vitamin levels checked?

Thanks. I'm sure I do not have a sodium deficiency, I have always been more of a salty person than a sweet one (haha). I'm just worried about over doing it like Taz said becoming prematurely swollen. I did not have much swelling at all with Callum, but then I wasn't craving salty stuff like I am tis time around. Plus, my OB doesn't see me until I'm 10 weeks and I feel dumb calling before then with a silly question like this. I will make sure to drink plenty of water anyway - that is another thing I can't seem to get enough of, maybe the two are related?
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel