Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Oh my goodness! Will she even have a name?

My word! This man is so difficult. I know all of us ladies have dealt with this at one point. So I keep coming back to my nameberry family for some help and encouraging advice. I feel like every name I love he can't stand. It seems like all of the names he likes are very common and that's not something I want to saddle my child with because I grew up with the name Lauren. Lauren is beautiful don't get me wrong, but school was a nightmare. In almost every class I had 1 or 2 other Laurens. I prefer unique names that have beautiful solid meanings. I don't like anything too out there, but something different for sure. Lately I've been trying to venture out into other origins. But we're coming to the end of line and I feel like I've seen every name in the book. A name that I'm completely stuck on is Haniah. It's hebrew and means Grace of the Lord (which I love) and the nn Niah which I think is adorable. I think it's perfect for a sweet little mixed girl (we're an interracial couple) and a wonderful spin on the classic Hannah. With all these good aspects I just don't see why he doesn't like it... He says it's because of the name beginning with H.

So I guess what I'm looking for is some similar options, some more ways to convince my hubby that Haniah is amazing, or some random names that are my taste I've described above. Oh and if you have any other cute nickname ideas that would work with Haniah, please share!

*Keep in mind- I'm not a fan of flower names or old fashioned names that are making a comeback *

Love & Blessings! xoxo

Oh my gosh, Haniah is so lovely! Is it han-EE-uh or han-EYE-uh? I'm awful at similar name suggestions but nicknamewise, Han, Hanny, Annie, Nia, Nan and Hia are some possibilities. Or if you are feeling like a bit of a stretch would be alright, Nin is also very sweet. As for trying to persuade hubby - a good tactic I've heard of is this; after bringing up Haniah first, proceed to mention all your guilty pleasure/strange fancies that you know you can never use and he will never agree to until he is completely bewildered and desperate. Then, casually bring Haniah back up again. He will cling to it like a lifebuoy. Good luck - any girl would be lucky to have Haniah as a name!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Well it seems like you like the sound of Haniah but he doesn't like that it starts with H?

Here are some suggestions...
    Aria
    India
    Indira
    Indiana
    Ariana
    Nala
    Nina
    Nona
    Rhea
    Viveca
    Saskia
    Zosia/Sosia
    Dahlia
    Aurora

For the record I think that Haniah is very pretty, sorry that he is not on board with you.

Other suggestions
    Miriam
    Naomi
    Selah - This is what is said in many of the Psalms at the end of them
    Zina
    Hadassah - I know he said no H's, but this one is just beautfiul imo.

Hope some of these help, good luck in choosing a name!

Quote Originally Posted by ciottolo View Post
    Oh my gosh, Haniah is so lovely! Is it han-EE-uh or han-EYE-uh? I'm awful at similar name suggestions but nicknamewise, Han, Hanny, Annie, Nia, Nan and Hia are some possibilities. Or if you are feeling like a bit of a stretch would be alright, Nin is also very sweet. As for trying to persuade hubby - a good tactic I've heard of is this; after bringing up Haniah first, proceed to mention all your guilty pleasure/strange fancies that you know you can never use and he will never agree to until he is completely bewildered and desperate. Then, casually bring Haniah back up again. He will cling to it like a lifebuoy. Good luck - any girl would be lucky to have Haniah as a name!

Aside from being stubborn my husband will usually come around. He's really weird about names but he does compromise. It is pronounced han-EYE-uh. Thanks for the tactic suggestion though hehe