Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Question Abbreviation nickname for the lovely multi-faceted Aurora?

Hey Berries!

So Aurora has been on the tip of my tongue the last few weeks and I have been trying to find a suitable nickname (as some of you may have seen.) In my family, nicknames are big, whether you want one or not and since I am not too fond of Rory and Auri/Aura - even Rora comes into my mind as sounding strangely ocker Australian. But anyway, so I played around with a few other ideas. I've always liked Bea (prn. Be-uh) - I heard it on a film once and thought it was rather pretty, plus I have a soft spot for names that end in "A." It then dawned on me that it could use that nickname to abbreviate Walt Disney's various nicknames for this pretty princess, since "Ro" was off the table and so is Rose (Ro being my top nickname choice for Ronan and Rose being too darn close .)

So here's the idea:

The "B" - Standing for Briar Rose
    The "E" - Next letter in Beauty, as in Sleeping Beauty (Plus the whole things spells out its first three letters anyway.)
    The "A" - And finally "A" of course being Aurora

Is that too weird or is it cute and unexpected? I know Bea is not traditionally pronounced this way in English speaking countries; but what do you think? I adore Aurora... it's just this seems to be the only nickname I equally love as much, although B-EE is pretty also. Dawn is nice although it seems a little dated.

Is that a terrible idea?

P.S I know its rather a stretch
    Last edited by sodallas3; June 26th, 2013 at 10:49 AM.

Jessica Emily Faith
    German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Esther- Wade - Romy - Carter