View Poll Results: MN for Eliza

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eliza June

25 69.44%
  • Eliza Ruth

11 30.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I really, really love Eliza June. I think it's beautiful and sweet and charming and unexpected. That being said, so is Eliza Ruth, and I generally can't stand Ruth (even though it's a family name for me, too). I've often opted for Rue/Ruby (even Lily, which has symbolic meaning) to avoid having to get to Ruth. But Eliza Ruth is a very sweet pairing and it'll age really well. I would love to meet a little girl with either name, and find myself torn, as well, especially with the family connection to Ruth. I like Eliza June more, I think, but I tend to feel a family obligation, as well. Not that I would have to honor family--it's just something I want to do, so by default I'd probably pick Eliza Ruth. If your family hadn't suggested Ruth, either at all, or with frequency... do you think you would have even thought to consider Eliza Ruth? Would you have wanted to? If not, I think you're fine just going with Eliza June (especially if a special family member has/had a June birthday!). Not all people honor, and it's not like you have to. That being said, after typing Eliza Ruth out so much I've really come to like it! I still like Eliza June, but I do really love both. Och, I'm no help. haha.

Good luck!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

Eliza Ruth. Classic, can't go wrong, easy to say, feminine, and generally lovely.
    Little Bean arriving September 2014

Zoe | Noemí Esther
    Lucas Emmanuel | Levi Alexander

Adele | Adira | Arabella | Aurora | Eliana | Elizabeth | Milena | Susannah | Zara

Lol thanks for the reply! It's pretty much what I've been thinking all day. I do like Ruth (I already used Ruby on my dog) and I love June. They all have the same sound to me that is appealing. I guess without the family connection I would go with June. But the family thing makes them about even to me.

Eliza June is beautiful.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Nora Wilhelmina | Lucy Josephine | Annemarie Claire | Madeleine Grace | Tess |

I voted for Eliza June, but they are both pretty. I think Eliza sounds more graceful with June, and it's such a feminine name (which I love), but if she's a tomboy, she can go by EJ as a teen if she likes.

I also agree with the above posters--name the baby what you and dh want. Picking a name out of a sense of duty will not help anybody, least of all your daughter. I'm 25 and I'm still thankful my mom named me what she liked and not what my dad's family pressured her to name me. She had a better idea than anyone of who I was was and what my name should be. Trust your judgment. (Just my two cents!)
    Current loves:
    Opal | Saffron
    Winslow | Hopper