Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eliza June

25 69.44%
  • Eliza Ruth

11 30.56%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eliza middle name poll

Uhhg, Sorry it's me again with the never-ending name drama.

I'm getting so much pressure from my family to get a name for this baby. They are big on monogramming things, and I swear I get a phone call at least once a day from someone wanting to know what the name is. Plus Dh wants to "lock it in" because he's tired of me waffling back and forth.

I feel like I'm getting close... basically after toying with Clementine, Emmeline, Isla and Hazel, I keep coming back to Eliza. I like it - but it's definitely a safe choice. I don't know that it is the most awe-inspiring name, but there's not much to find wrong with it. Every other name I've considered has had some real downsides.

I really liked June as a middle name (dh does as well), but my family keeps suggesting Ruth. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't even consider it, but the truth is I do like Ruth. Dh doesn't as much, but it is a meaningful family name and I know that it would make a lot of people happy if I chose it. I don't know... but there's a sense of duty I'm feeling, but I'm not sure if I would regret it or feel like I just chose it because of my family.

I think they're both good choices - but I just wanted to get some objective opinions and to see if there was something I was missing. Thanks in advance!

I think it would depend on the last name for me. I actually really like both! I prefer June to Ruth, but Eliza Ruth is really spunky.

Go with whatever you like better. If your family likes Ruth so much, then one of them can use it! Don't get bullied into choosing a name (my SIL did by her family).
    And waffle away, its your baby. If you don't love Eliza, its just the best so far, then keep looking!
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

Both are pretty names! I am an Elizabeth Ruth, and I adore my name so I would recommend Eliza Ruth. That said, pick the name you prefer, not what your family wants, as a previous poster stated. And don't settle for a name you don't love - you will be saying this name for the rest of your life, so make sure its special!

Oh wow, it's been 50-50 all day. I'm fighting baby name fatigue today for sure. Twice I had to stop myself from just telling my husband to name her whatever he wants.