Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ophelia, Olivia and Cora

What do you think of Ophelia, Olivia and Cora as individual names? My boyfriend and I talked about names just the other day and he said he really liked Cora, while I love Ophelia. Olivia is the one we both like.

Any middle name suggestions for these three? Thanks!
    ~ Ashley ~
    Getting married in June, 2015

Girls: Phoebe Elizabeth, Ivy Teresa, Josephine Grace
    Boys: Michael Ryan, Jethro Nicholas, Felix Everett, Noah Robert

Ophelia is a very pretty name. I think its slightly frilly sounding, but still usable. The history behind the name is kind of morbid, but if you fon't care about that, then go for it!
    Olivia I like but its a bit too popular for my tastes. Although I adore the nn Liv.
    Cora is very sweet and old fashioned. I do think its a bt trendy right now, but certainly not in the top 100.

Hope that helps
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

You seem to have a very similar naming style to me for girls, I'm loving the girls names in your signature.

Out of Ophelia, Olivia, and Cora, I love all three....

Cora is my favorite. I love it by itself - it is simple, pretty, not overused, and has a historical feel, which I like in a name. I also like it as a nickname for Cordelia, Coraline, Caroline, etc

Ophelia would have to be next. This one definitely has that historical vibe I love, along with literary cred, and being a word nerd, I love that too. I also think that while it is a fairly uncommon name, it is still familiar enough that it doesn't seem too out there.

Olivia is so pretty, but I personally don't love it enough to overlook it's popularity. There are so many little Olivias out there, I think one of the above would be a better pick.
    Ladies
    Avery Elizabeth Celine ~ Caroline Frances Lucille ~ Clarity Anneliese Kate
    Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Ezra William Beau ~ Julian Samuel John
    Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry

Literary GP Combos
    Charlotte Pemberley Jane ~ Philippa Austen Rose

Wedding first, September 2015 - baby soon after? *fingers crossed*

I love Ophelia, but I don't know how usable it actually is. It's heavily connected with Shakespeare, and the associations are a mixture of good and bad depending on how you interpret the character of Ophelia. I also really love Cora. What about Cordelia as a compromise?

I like Olivia, but the popularity of it is just too much.

Ophelia is my favorite of the three. I think it's a beautiful name.

Olivia is gorgeous also, but I know so many little Olivia's that I personally am a little sick of it.

You really can't go wrong with any of the three.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14