Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Elodie is rather popular around where I live, I meet little Elodies all the time. I think it's beautiful though. However, Elke is fabulous! It's so quirky, fun and offbeat. Love it with Mila as well.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I love the name Elodie! It was the first name my husband every suggested to me and I love the possibility of the nn Liddy. I don't personally know any babies named Elodie. The only person I have seen with the name Elodie was a woman on the MTV show the Hills who worked at a record label that Audrina worked at. I know Elka can be a nickname for Elizabeth. Again, the only Elka I know of is from a woman named Elka on the MTV show the Real World Boston. She was my favorite though so I've always loved the name.

I don't care for Elke, but I really like Elodie. I do not know any Elodies in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lineska View Post
    I love the idea of Mila & Elka!

Elka is gorgeous and absolutely a legit spelling, its a nickname for Elzbieta and since Mila is also a nickname name (in some cultures, I know it stands alone in others, I have a feeling Elka may be similar). I think they're a perfect pair.
    This is where I stand, too.

I'm in Australia and I think Elodie is on the rise here, too. I know a few around the 2-4 age group, and there are two Elodies in my nephew's kindergarten class!

I like the crispness of Elka. I also think Elodie is one of those names that looks prettier than it sounds...or, perhaps, sounds a lot prettier in its native French pronunciation than when it's being butchered by antipodean accents!

Haha jeska, that's a good point about antipodean accents!

Any suggestions for middles? I was totally sold on using Isis as a middle if we'd gone with Elodie, but Elka Isis doesn't flow as well.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas, Callahan, Caius, Ezra, Bram, Atticus, Aspen, Sylvan, Constantine, Perrin & Pascoe
    Lyra, Elodie, Elowen, Isis, Artemis, Sylvia, Vesper, Anouk, Willa, Cassia, Elka & Sage