Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Emaline, Emmaline, Emmeline

Hi! We are set on the name Emaline but unsure which spelling to choose. I like the double "mm" so I'm leaning towards Emmeline. I read that the main character of the movie, The Blue Lagoon was named Emmeline. Does anyone know what her character was like in that movie?
    Also, we need a 1 syllable name to go with Emaline. Any Ideas?

I was thinking Emaline Blair? Our original idea was Emaline Starla, but that is just a mouthful. I want something simple but pretty as a middle.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Allison

Emmeline, it's the original spelling. Emaline makes me want to say ee-muh, not emm-uh.

Emmeline Claire
    Emmeline Mae
    Emmeline Skye
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I definitely prefer Emmeline and Emmaline to Emaline.

Emmeline/Emmaline Blair is nice! I'm running through all the one-syllable names I can think of in my head, and I think I like this combo better than any of them.
    Some current considerations:

Cora Madeleine | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Sylvie Coraline | Vivienne Esme
    Archer Daniel | Callum Sawyer | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Byrne | Leo Vincent | Rhys Anderson

I'm a stickler for using the original spelling so Emmeline is my choice. I really like the suggestion of Emmeline Claire! I also like Emmeline Blair (but I may be biased, that's my name and I rarely see it suggested on NB, so that's nice! :-)).

Emmaline and Emmeline are both nice. I wouldn't do Emaline.

I know Emmeline is the original, but to be honest, I think just as many people would spell it Emmaline if they have to guess. Do you plan on calling her Emma at all? That would be the deciding factor for me.

Emmeline/Emmaline Blair is lovely!!