Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    @novaberry, I like Corwin, Darwin, and Jem!

@Sarahmezz, thank you. Apparently I'm not allowed to have a different style. I feel increasingly bullied on my threads and it's really starting to bug me.

@mclevine, I thought so. I do love that story.

@ottilie, it makes me feel the same way... I definitely see a few people as mean bullies now so I will avoid them.

@kathrynsarah, I like Merrick and Fallon but I couldn't use them. Merrick is another Anne Rice name and I don't want people to think I named my kids after her books. Fallon because of a mean girl in high school.

@scarletrune, I like getting replies to my threads just like everyone else. The fact you are insinuating that I am posting my picks to get attention is disrespectful and kinda hurtful. I'm just like everyone else on Nameberry, I love names and I'm a mom who's talking about names for a future child.

@goodhope, I like Carlen, Eisley, Evren, Hale, Judah, and Merrill from your list.

@emmabobemma, I honestly don't understand why my views on feminism always has to be the focal point of my threads. I just like certain types of names, I would consider all these possibilities for a boy as well. I dunno, it just feels like I'm treated differently and slightly condescended.

@iamiamiam, I love Arwen (too close to Rowan and maybe too LOTR) and Dahlia for a middle. I'm not *morally* opposed to female names or something, I just don't like them enough to actually use one.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

p.s. Awen and Arwenna are variations (both Welsh for "muse")

Darwin is not a boys name. It is a surname.... the man's name was CHARLES Darwin. Boys don't own surnames.

I keep having boy babies...otherwise I'd have a little girl named Darwin. With the "win" sound at the end it is very feminine (Gwendolyn, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by wrenny View Post
    Darwin is not a boys name. It is a surname.... the man's name was CHARLES Darwin. Boys don't own surnames.

I keep having boy babies...otherwise I'd have a little girl named Darwin. With the "win" sound at the end it is very feminine (Gwendolyn, etc)
    I like Darwin a lot too but I worry it might be too strongly tied to Charles. I mean, I am a Charles Darwin fan and I am an atheist, but I wouldn't really be using it to honor him. I just like the sound of it. I feel like in the South, it would be a very controversial name that could unnecessarily ruffle feathers.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Hi rowangreeneyes -

I see you've got a lot of replies, and sorry for repeats, but thought I'd still chime in with a few choice names.

I know of a couple women named Owen and Jude.

Also, a couple girl names from recent TV shows I can recall: Bradley and Marlowe

Good luck!