Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ...Marzipan?

His responses to some of your suggestions:

Maple - "Why don't we name her Mrs. Butterworth?"
    Mazarine - "You must mean Mezzanine."
    Mariposa - "Isn't that a baseball player?"
    Miranda - "...Meh."

For the record, I like Maple and Miranda a lot. I like Marzipan still, but I think it'd fit better as a middle (niftylavalamp, it sounds so good as a middle!) I found my favorite Mar- name though; Marceline. He likes it. Now we can go back to using Marzipan as a joke. What a wonder sleep can do.

It's delicious! But it's not a good name, sorry. I say go with one of your other choices, please don't do that to your daughter. Your hubby will get over it.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I get why you love it! I LOVE Marzipan...IMO It's the perfect name for a cat... but not a baby....and I have an appreciation for adventurous whimsical names I think Marzipan could be her official nn but I would put something else in the birth cert! I like suggestion of Marzanna then you could use Marzipan and Marzi without a doubt!! Or perhaps it could work as a fun name for Pandora!

Oh, love Marceline!! And Marzipan would be a nice affectionate nn (or a middle for another child, because it really is a great middle option, though not with Marceline) Marcella is a pretty option, too.

If you love it, use it. Marzipan is no worse than some other names I've seen floating around this board. Marzi would be a cute nickname.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly