Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ...Marzipan?

...Marzipan?

So I was speaking with my SO tonight, and he smelled my lipgloss, and said it reminded him of marzipan. Then he suggested we use the name Marzipan, with potential nicknames Marz or Marzi (like Mar-tzy). At first, it was a joke, but the more we said it outloud, the more we both began to like it.

He actually really likes it now that he thought of it, and this is coming from a man whose favorite names before now were Amanda and Hilary (can you say 80s?). Now, tell me please: is Marzipan too much? Can I get away with it? My current favorites are Juniper, Matilda and Greta, and I feel like it could potentially go along with them... or maybe I've been awake for too long.

Also, I don't mind the meaning or the dessert itself, and I can get past the Homestar Runner association.

Too much. I would stick to non food names.
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

I agree with @mbrow222, it's too much. Just reading your thread title, I thought of the scene in an episode of Gilmore Girls when Lorelai and Rory get marzipan from Switzerland, and spit it out in the napkins.
    Sorry!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

No. It's like naming your child Pie, or Cake, or Eclaire.

2nd aj_bear! Gilmore Girls is all I could think of and how marzipan is a sweet you either love or hate.
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla