Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yep, as a Kristen I just give up on people saying my name right. Forget spelling. My best friend for 15 years - her mom STILL calls me Krystal. My grandmother in law doesn't even bother to try. She just calls me Kristy.

But a great story! It's probably less frustrating to have to correct people because you have an unusual and interesting name rather than just one like boring Kristen.

The original story-- about Rhyne-- is great! I love that a name can give someone confidence and a great ice breaker to a conversation. So many of us (including me, sometimes!) worry about our kids potentially being singled out for their unusual names, but it's good to see there are upsides to our obsessions!

I totally don't get the Christine/Christina/Kristen/Christy/Crystal/Christa thing. If you grew up in the 80s and 90s, you knew millions people with these names. I sure did, and they're totally distinct names in my head. I feel bad for you guys! I hated my name (Sarah) because it's so common, but people usually don't get it confused with any other… although I have gotten Sharon occasionally, which I don't understand.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Interesting... but I don't think it's Irish.
    Very well may not be, it's just what he said =P I asked about the meaning but he didn't know it, and NB doesn't have any meaning listed. He said his parents chose it because of the baseball player, and because it was a different take on Ryan.
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Oh Rainy I love your name! When I was a kid, I wanted to be named Windy so bad. I think I had just misheard Wendy, but I always thought it would be so cool to be named after WEATHER. (once someone pointed out to me some other connotations to "windy," such as the bodily function, I lost interest in that pretty quick, but Rainy is really nice!)
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

I have heard similar stories from adults who have u usual names like India! My name is Meryl, when I introduce myself sometimes I get Beryl, Sheryl or carol. I correct people by saying "Meryl, like Meryl Streep". Would you believe so e people don't even know who she is!? My son is named after a famous artist so when I introduce him I also say Miro like Joan Miro, it helps people make an association and remember the name.