Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Flitting between the Heartland and the South
    I love TOMS! However, I have to agree that the orange pair is probably the most gender-neutral of the three options you have. I think your best bet would be to go with a black or grey if you want to be completely neutral, in my opinion. Whatever you choose will be sweet! Tiny TOMS are adorable!
    TTC #1 since October 2012...
    Cecelia, Lydia, Clara
    Adric, Isaac, Silas

"I'd rather be honest than impressive."

I think 1 and 3 are too feminine, where 2 screams boy. Maybe look for a white pair? Just plain white?
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara

Quote Originally Posted by shealahtoba View Post
    I think 1 and 3 are too feminine, where 2 screams boy. Maybe look for a white pair? Just plain white?
    They don't have plain white the only truly neutral color they carry is black, which just seems so glum for a fun photo shoot. We're not loud dressers, so it would be fun to have the shoes as a pop of color.

Of course, finding gender-neutral shoes is not at all difficult, it just defeats the purpose of including the baby shoes that 'started it all' for us. That will likely be our only option if they don't introduce other colors soon, which actually wouldn't surprise me since their selection is constantly changing.

I did find an etsy seller that makes "TOMS-inspired" baby shoes (they're styled to look like the adult models) in a greater range of colors, though I question the ethics of such a thing.
    One little born 1/14

The first pair look feminine, the third pair look masculine, and the second pair look neutral... but also really boring. I'm surprised to see that so many people think the orange shoes look feminine. Orange is generally a masculine color to me.
    Emily | 18 | Southeastern US.
    History major, name nerd, and fantasy geek.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    The first pair look feminine, the third pair look masculine, and the second pair look neutral... but also really boring. I'm surprised to see that so many people think the orange shoes look feminine. Orange is generally a masculine color to me.
    I think it's the design that makes them seem feminine to people, not necessarily the color.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly