Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Goddess/mythology names?

Hi there! Not pregnant or anything, but brainstorming for my ever-changing girls list. My name is Freya and I've always thought the goddess connection was pretty cool, and I also like the relative unusual-ness of my name (I live in the U.S, and I've never met another Freya, though I know my name's very popular across the sea!) If you guys have any favorite goddess names or names with mythological connections, common or obscure, lay 'em on me!
    teenberry -- writer -- drama kid
    Current crushes (constantly changing):
    Girls: Thea, Aurelia, Rosalind, Rose, Rowena, Helena, Hermione, Carys, Clio, Cassia, Viola, Lily, Lila, Lucy, Seren, Maia, Mirabel.
    Boys: Miles, James, Jasper, Jude, Graham, Arthur, Oliver, Leo, Lewis, Wesley, Rory, Rowan, Caspian, Silas, Sebastian.

My name is Diana, which is the name of a Goddess

Here are my favorites:
    Artemis (greek version of Diana)

Copenhagen, Denmark
    Some beautiful names from the Norse mythology:
    Saga (!!!)
    Zelia • XXI • History student • Film and royalty enthusiast
    I blog at vesperlynds and everythingroyalty, and export names from Greenland and Inuit mythology
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Atticus Aksel Inigo • Asa Fjordur Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Asta Ivalo (EE-vah-lu) Galadriel • Aviaaja Catherine Françoise "Avi" • Anna Margaret Undómiel "Anoushka"

GPs: Nor Aurvandil James • Dante Valdemar Oisín • Olga Agnes Lúthien • Evelyn Alvaret Cleopatra "Elví"

My favorites:
    Elpis- I don't love it for its sound; it reminds me too much of Elvis. When Pandora opened the box, hope was the one thing left after everything else flew out. Elpis is considered the personification of hope.
    Lorelei- The whole "luring sailors to their deaths with her song" thing is pretty negative, but the sound is heavenly.
    Ceridwen- How cool would it be to be named after the goddess of poetry?
    Guinevere- Fabulous Arthurian name that lends itself to the friendly nns Gwen or Gwyn.
    Rhiannon- Means "great queen", and RiRi is possibly the cutest nn EVER.
    Clio- Fabulously adorable name with serious mythological pedigree.
    Isolde- Gorgeous, tragic myth.
    Aurora- Not a fan of possible nn Rory, but Aurora itself is pure beauty.
    Flora- Spunky grandma name.
    Juno- I don't love the connection to the film, but the name itself is awesome.
    Victoria- My all-time favorite name, and the goddess of victory.
    Euphrosyne- One of the 3 Graces in Greek mythology. Beautiful sound.
    Evadne- Lends itself to pretty nn Evie.
    Phoebe- Lovely name that could fit anyone.
    Isis- Familiar yet unusual, and oh so cool!

Phew! I think that's all.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Nerissa (A sea nymph)
    Nyx (Greek goddess of night)
    Eirene (Greek goddess of peace)
    Daphne (a fresh water nymph)
    Circe (Greek goddess/witch depending on what version you read)
    Niobe (a princess in Greek mythology)
    Danae (one of Zeus’ mortal lovers and the mother of Perseus, who killed Medusa)
    Girls: Alice, Anna, Astrid, Beatrice, Clara, Elodie, Emily, Evelyn, Hannah, Hermione, Lorna, Phoebe, Sophie, Sylvia
    Boys: Andrew, Arthur, Elliot, Griffin, Hamish, Henry, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Robin, Rupert, Thomas, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Damaris, Digory, Emrys, Ganymede, Hester, Jessamine, Phineas, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx