Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do you think of the names Truman and Thatcher

I kind of like Truman and Thatcher and I'm considering them but not sure if they sound too stuffy

They just sound very political to my ears- Harry S Truman and Margaret Thatcher? If I were you, I'd pick one and leave the other.

Yeah I wouldn't use both paired together but I like Truman and thatcher I've liked since I heard it a couple years ago I like the nick name Thatch

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    They just sound very political to my ears- Harry S Truman and Margaret Thatcher? If I were you, I'd pick one and leave the other.
    Agreed. I think Thatcher is a very charged choice atm, too, especially with Margaret Thatcher's fairly recent passing. I'm not in the UK, but I have friends who are, and they said the situation brought up a lot of negative feelings and frustration from the past, so I think with any associations to the UK, it could be a bit of a risky choice. I do like it a lot, though (although I like Truman more!). I agree that Thatcher and Truman are a bit much together, but separately they're fine, and very cool names at that. I really like Truman, but I like Truett even more--have you considered that? I think it's lovely.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Agreed. I don't know where you're from, but Margaret Thatcher was (and still is) very divisive in the UK, people either loved her or hated her, and even when she died recently there were people celebrating it, she was that loathed in certain parts of the country.

To second the suggestion of Truett, what about Fletcher? That's got a very similar sound to Thatcher, is still a surname name, but just hasn't got the political edge to it.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George