Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by caco2006 View Post
    We have 3 children: Eloise Julian, Beatrix London, and Foster Kingsley. We're ttc #4, I want something not in the top 1000 in the US as none of the other children's names were when they were born. Here's my short list, please make both fn and mn suggestions and combos if you want.

Harriet Maxine
    Harriet Sutton
    Harriet Josephine
    Guinevere Maxine
    Maxine Storie
    Ottilie Maxine ( what is the correct pronunciation of Ottilie?)
    Ottoline June
    Theodora June
    Clarice
    Ramona
    Agatha (Aggie)
    Araminta
    Carlisle
    Persephone (Posie)
    Novalee (Noely)
    Rosamund (Rue)
    Hi, Cate:

Great names! Sutton is a cool middle name, too.

I think my favorites are Ramona, Agatha, Rosamund, and maybe Theodora, and maybe Ottilie, but I prefer Ottilie Sutton to Ottilie Maxine with your kids' names.

I wouldn't worry about Ramona with an R surname - there are enough sounds within Ramona to break it up, so you don't end up with a wonky, ridiculous name. Ramona Remington, for example, works just fine. Also, Ramona shortens to the darling Romy! Ramona Sutton is very nice.

Agatha is great. I prefer Agnes slightly, but Agatha works nicer with Eloise and Beatrix.

Rosamund "Rue" is adorable, and I love the name and how striking it is. Also, Rosanna is one of my favorite Rose names. Great in your set!

Theodora is a little clunky, but I think you can use Dora, Teddy, or my favorite, Thea, as a nickname. I would prefer Dorothea "Thea," which leaves potential for Dot or Dottie as well as glam Thea in the nickname department.

Ottilie I actually pronounce with the emphasis on the second syllable, so it comes out more like [oh-TEE-lee] or [oh-TILL-e]. Tilly is an adorable nickname that mimics the fun spirit of Eloise and Beatrix.

I might also suggest with Eloise, Beatrix, and Foster: Adela, Coraline, Gwendolen, Georgina, Helena, Imogen, Jessamine, Lucinda, Mirabelle, Tallulah, or Winifred. Nicknames like Addie, Ada, Dela, Coco, Cora, Gwen, Dolly, Wendy, Georgia, Gigi, Nell, Lena, Gen, Mo, Jessa, Jessie, Mini, Mina, Lucie, Luca, Lulu, Lula, Cinda, Cindy, Mira, Mimi, Belle, Tula, Lula, Tally, and Winnie work well for these names.

Lemon
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

LOVE the Harriet Sutton combo and Theodora is gorgeous. Maxine is precious but I have a hard time pairing it with other names. From my own list, I'd also suggest Millicent, Marguerite, Olympia, and Roseline/ Rosaline.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"