Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

a baby boy name that goes with griffin and grace?

We currently have a Griffin and a Grace and are expecting a baby boy. We are 99.9999% sure this will be our last child and we are strongly considering Grant - I like the name individually and like that it goes with Griffin and Grace, but am a little hesitant that it's too much...however I feel like it might be weird to have Griffin, Grace, and then some name that is totally different (ex: we also like Landon and Logan). I'm wondering what comes to mind for a boy sibling to Griffin and Grace?

Also, we love the name Cohen because of it's sound and uniqueness, but we can't use the name because it's taken by some of our best friends. I saw the name Coe on here the other day, which sounds too incomplete to me, but reminded me a bit of Cohen. Do any names that are similar come to mind?

So basically, I'm looking for name ideas that go great with Griffin and Grace, and/or names that are similar to Cohen, or a boy name that ends in -n so that it'd match Griffin ... the only thing is I don't want something super popular (which is my hesitation with Logan). Thanks!
    Last edited by inspiration; July 7th, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

I would personally avoid names with similar endings to Griffin and Grace b/c I like it when siblings names have different sounds than one another or do not rhyme, but to each their own! I think Grant would fit nicely if you want to keep up the Gr theme. I don't think it would be strange if you chose a name with a different sound, though. I know this is your last child, but if you had 3 children with Gr names and were having a fourth, then I would definitely stick w/ the theme so they weren't the odd one out.

Alasdair/Alastair
    Archer
    August
    Brady
    Breccan
    Callum
    Cashel
    Collin
    Conall
    Cormac
    Crispin
    Dashiell
    Declan
    Dermot
    Duncan
    Eamon
    Evander
    Felix
    Finlay
    Finnian
    Forrest
    Fraser
    Harry
    Hugh/Hugo
    Ivor
    Knox
    Lachlan
    Lorcan
    Malcolm
    Owen
    Rafferty
    Rhys
    Rohan
    Rowan
    Rory
    Tavish
    Teague
    Last edited by kashed22; June 25th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.

are u sticking with 'G? my first thought was Grady
    [CENTER]
    Mommy to
    Nils David * Serafina Ann

Loves:
    Zia, Lorelei, Elowen, Vera, Adeline, Cordelia, Zorah

Judah, Peter, Fredric, Olin, Dean, Jonah

Cohen is not usable. It's incredibly, appallingly offensive. Frankly, your friends should be ashamed of themselves.

Are you planning on using another 'G' name?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Cohen is not usable. It's incredibly, appallingly offensive. Frankly, your friends should be ashamed of themselves.

Are you planning on using another 'G' name?
    This name is very controversial due to the sanctity of it's meaning, "priest", in the Jewish faith. Out of respect I would not use it. I would not want to give my child a name that may be offensive to others.