Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Suggestion for names to honor my father

With a heavy heart, it is sad for me to say, that my father just recently passed away from cancer. He was honestly my best friend, we had a bond like no other. But here I am, a few months later, gifted with a miracle inside me. We are not sure if it's a girl or a boy and we haven't decided if we'll find out either. This is our first child, so my father, unfortunately, won't ever physically be apart of this process. I would love to honor him in some type of way. His name was Harry Tawes - Harry being named after his father and his middle name, Tawes, was named after the doctor who delivered him. Does anyone have any suggestions on an uncommon name, girl or boy, that could have the nickname of Harry? Also, our thing was watching football, he was a diehard New England Patriots fan, as am I. He loved Tom Brady. I was thinking of the name Brady, for either a girl or a boy. But it's a little too popular for me. So, any suggestions?! Thank you so much in advance!

I like the idea of honoring a loved one with a name that represents them rather then using their given name. I also love the name Brady for either gender so I really love that idea. I don't think Brady is too popular of a name, but if it is too popular for you what other interests/ hobby's could you play off of?

Thats a lovely sentiment. Maybe you could take your fathers middle name one step farther and Incorporate in some way the name of the hospital he was born in. Don't know if that would work but its just a thought.

Henry
    Harriet
    Henrietta
    Harrietta
    Henriella
    Henriette
    Hennie

Have you thought of simply using Patriot? It would definitely make for an unusual name. Brady is an interesting name. I've never actually met anyone with that name. As far as Tawes i'm pretty much at a lose.
    Bridget Maisie, Felicity Quinn "Fee", Lydia Joy, Sybil Rose, Cora May, Juniper Bay "Junie" or "June bug", Emilia Lynn, Hazel Eve, Scarlett Ann, Kennedy Claire, Harper Louise, Noelle Grace, Ruby Eloise

Eli Houston, Gideon Lee, Otto Alexander, Donovan Oslo, Patrick Scott

Gwendolyn "Gwen", Jocelyn, Rosalie, Isobel, Fable, Harper, Eliana, Georgiana, Leona, Josephine "Josie"

Connor, Colin, Joel, Caleb, Levi, Benjamin "Ben", Royce, Ellis, Arthur, Theodore, Walter "Walt"

Does the town he was born/raised in work as a name?
    Names that could be shortened to "Harry":
    Harrison
    Harrigan
    Harper
    Harlyn
    Harley
    Harvey
    Harris
    Momma to Daytona Joette (6), Revvie Adessie (4) and Zabryn Amare (3)
    Future children contenders:
    boy- Atticus Barnaby, Tacoma Romeo, Emerson Rainier, Jacoby Daegen, Canyon, Paris Valentine
    girl- Vesper Maren, Maizze Avia, Ariana Monique, Zinnia Maple, Lavinia Isadora Lark, Marinda

Boy:
    Harland
    Hart
    Harcourt
    Harford

Girl:
    Harmony, Harmonia
    Harlowe