Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Please be honest, I think I can take it!

What do you think of our front runner for a baby boy... Emerson Banjo? I don't feel like it is going to be received well, but I am putting it out there to be judged, so give it to me straight

Emerson really wasn't what I was looking for, I'm not even sure that it fits with our other children's names, but I just love it, and miraculously my husband agrees with me! I don't love that it is unisex, but there were 8 baby boys and 14 baby girls named Emerson in my state (Victoria, Australia), last year so I don't think it has completely gone to the girls just yet!

Banjo is after the Australian poet Banjo Patterson, our older children all have middle names for our favourite literary icons, so Banjo works. However we are open to other middle names, some that we were thinking of are Christopher, Kipling, and Wilde.

I only have one niggling issue with this combo, will people assume, with knowledge of our middle name pattern, that Emerson is named after Ralph Waldo Emerson? I really hope not because I am not a fan of any of his work, what do you think?

Thanks,

Imm

P.S. Before anyone mentions it, we know about Emerson and Tennyson rhyming and both being -son names, but it really doesn't bother us, we never use Jack's middle name.
    Last edited by midge; June 25th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    The bratpack Jack Tennyson, Archer Fitzwilliam, and Willa Jean. Eagerly awaiting our bump, due August.

at first i was unsure, but now the name has grown on me and i realky like it! actually the more i think about it the more i like it. very cool unique name
    Happily married 10.2010. TTC our first!

Upon first look at the name, to be honest, I cringed. Emerson is great, but Banjo? Then I saw your reasoning behind choosing the name and I got it and loved it. Being from the US, I've never heard of Banjo Patterson.

I think since all your other literary nods are in the middle, you are safe from association with any first name you use, so I wouldn't worry about RWE.

Also, with Tennyson in the middle, I don't know that I would have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out

Emmerson Wilde is also great
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Joseph ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

I really like Emerson, but I do think some people will make the Ralph Waldo Emerson connection especially if they know your pattern. Banjo is a little out there for me, but I love your reasons for it and think it's nice. If not Banjo, I would use Wilde. Emerson Wilde would be a really cool name, in my opinion. Names like Emerson that you might like could be Emery, Everett, Emmett, Harrison, Easton

I really like Emerson, and have only ever heard it on a boy. As long as you're okay with it being unisex, then go for it. I honestly thought Banjo was really silly. But if it holds some significance to you and your partner, then go for it!
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla