Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I love Emerson, and it works well with Banjo. I think it's a great combo.

As for Ralph Waldo, he does come to my mind as an Emerson association, but I wouldn't assume any Emerson I met was named in his honor.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent, Clark, Euan, Thaddeus, Eli or Elias, Wesley, Peter, Nathaniel
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra, Saige, Catherine, Yvette, Viviana, Romilly, Martha, Gillian, Grace

Jack must be a very well-behaved child.

I like Emerson Banjo, but yes I did first assume you liked RWE. I'm rooting for Rudyard or Kipling instead! I've really grown to like Banjo since I learned about him.

I think Emerson on a boy in Aus is still great, but it is softer than Jack and Archer. What about Everest or Emerick to suit their masculine names?
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

What about Emmett instead if Emerson, since you said you don't particularly want a unisex name? Plus, I DO think people will assume Ralph Waldo Emerson based on your naming theme (but, that would only be people who know all of your kids' full names - not sure how big a deal that is). Banjo is a little out there, but it's not completely unheard of and it's just a middle name. If you love it, use it. I personally prefer Kipling or Wilde, though.

Kipling is a really cool name.. I would go with that

Emerson is not a unisex name; it's a boys name. I really like it. Not crazy about Banjo, however. Emerson Wilde is much better. Also, if you want to use Kipling after Rudyard, bear in mind that for a lot of people (like myself) the first thing that comes to mind is his zealous, racist colonialism. Not the best association.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...