Names Searched Right Now:

Two middle names too much?

Hi Berries.

i can never commit to one name until I see bubby's face...but at the moment our top contender for our little girl due in 10 weeks is Ivy.
    May is a family name and would tickle her Great-grandparents pink if we gave it to her, but we so love the name Emmanuelle...is two middle names too much? Our last name is similar to Knowles...

She could be
    Ivy May (too cowboy?)
    Ivy Emmanuelle OR
    Ivy Emmanuelle May

Our son's middle name is a family name on my side..and he only has one... so thought it might be nice to do a family name from hubby's side for this bub. Thoughts and opinions welcome.
    ~Mum to Miles and Ivy~

I think that Ivy Emmanuelle May would work nicely. Especially because Ivy and May are both short names. It flows well and it is great if you can use a name you love and honor family. Just make sure you love both names.
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States

Ivy Emmanuelle OR
    Ivy Emmanuelle May

but I am not a fan of Ivy May. I think you have to right when you say it sounds cowboy-ish (or perhaps like she is a character in a Western?). But the other combinations are lovely. Congratulations!
    {Eve | Vivian | Cora | Beatrix | Jane | Rowan | Clara | Helena | Celeste}

[Jack | James | Theodore | Leo | Gideon | Kieran | Simon | Oliver]

I love Ivy!! What a totally delightful choice!!

For a somewhat nit-picky reason, I vote for picking one middle name. The way I see it, the FULL name is one's true identity and -- if she had two middle names -- there will likely be times when she will need to compromise and only use one middle name (or one middle initial), which would then not represent her true identity. However, I can see why using both May and Emanuelle is a tempting option. It is nice of you to consider using May to please your family, and it IS a sweet middle name, but I would pass on using it unless YOU happen to love it too.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

Ivy May is soo cute I vote for Ivy May Emanuelle, if that's an option. Go ahead and use two middle names, I don't see a problem at all! Good luck

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~