Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Oh, and I meant to mention I'm sorry to see Polyhymnia is no longer on the lists! It seems she wasn't getting much love in the forums, so here's a bit from me. She's over-the-top, I know, but I love her anyway. Polyhymnia is so much fun to say--it falls all over itself, it's so eager, sunny and energetic. I like the association with Madeleine L'Engle's novels. And it comes with sweet, down-to-earth nn Polly built right in--or maybe Mia, if Polly's not your style. Seems it's off the table, and that's probably for the best , but I do love it too.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

I love Cleopatra to go with big sisters name Aphrodite. Sunniva sounds nice too, but I do t know if it creates the same feel as Aphrodite.
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Lex; Thanks for the categories! And the comments. I agree with you about Lysie. I might have to take her off. As for Cleopatra, I think Zenobia, Isis and Circe all could fit as sisters, don't you?
    Oooo I do like Aphrodite, Cleopatra and Zenobia!
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Really, really late to the party but just wanted to chime in with my thoughts on your list Gorgeous names in general as always, Ottilie!

Atalanta- I've been really loving this since I (finally) finished reading Twelfth Night- the references to her are beautiful. I like the spunky, familiar-yet-different sound, feminine and elegant but no-nonsense and strong
    Befana- sounds like an evil sorceress, not very kind
    Bellicent- nice but not very girly, I like the Arthurian romance connection
    Belphoebe- beautiful! like Atalanta, it's rare but the Phoebe part makes it much more approachable. medieval, magical and otherworldly
    Bradamante- heavy but charming in an old-lady sort of way
    Ceridwen- I know how much you love this... I wasn't a fan originally but seeing how much you love it has definitely changed my tune. wintry, nature-y and fairylike
    Cleopatra- another name that would be hard to pull off and one of the few that are too far out there even for me, but given you have an Aphrodite I can't see that problem applying to you. strong, gorgeous, don't-mess-with-me name that can totally hold its own next to Aphrodite
    Gwenllian- never heard of this, but sounds pretty and dreamlike. Nice reference with the Welsh princess
    Hermione- it does have a cool sound, and goes well with Aphrodite, but I can't help thinking of Harry Potter even though I'm one of the few people I know who's never read it
    Hypatia- great name, soft and approachable sound, wonderful story behind it
    Isolde- I don't know the legend, but the name has a beautiful sound and medieval vibe
    Jezebel- The woman in the Bible totally turns me off, sorry
    Lyonesse- just sounds like "lioness" mispronounced to me
    Lysistrata- it's a mouthful, but I actually love this name. modern-sounding and lyrical
    Morgana- nice sound, and I like the idea of using an Arthurian name but I didn't really like her character
    Musidora- a bit too whimsical and lighthearted for me, a bit flimsy
    Nimue- pretty name, but not very feminine compared to Aphrodite, and I kind of want to see a longer name. I'd love to see it in the middle though
    Olympia- maybe too themey with Aphrodite, but I do love it and it would actually be a cool theme (not cheesy or tacky at all)
    Ourania- not a fan, sorry
    Pandeia/Pandia- reminds me of a misspelling of panda, not a fan
    Serafina- pretty and girly, but seems almost too normal for an Otter baby
    Sunniva- not sure why but never liked this
    Tinuviel- dreamy and fanciful, but also doesn't sound very feminine
    Xenia- nice, but I could see definite pronunciation issues
    Zenobia- pretty sound, I like the queen reference, and goes very well with Aphrodite

My favourites:
    Atalanta
    Belphoebe
    Ceridwen
    Cleopatra
    Hypatia
    Olympia
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Ren; yes, Ceri! Dude, look how dumb I am... thanks, sweetie ! Yeah, I think Jezebel's usable here, but something feels off. Besides, she would rule out Belphoebe & Bellicent, and I can't have that! And MIL would probably tear her hair out.

Saracita; Yay! Winnie is adorable isn't it? I love Ceridwen so much, I am hoping he will come around. He just hates the rid part of it.

Aurora; Better late than never! Gwenllian is pronounced gwen-LHEE-an. The dude on forvo is way off. To pronounce Welsh double l's put your tongue behind your upper teeth and try to say LH. That should be about correct ! Thanks for your top five, lovely. I think we're taking Hermione off, at least as a first name. But I'm not quite sure yet. I actually have Circe and Tinuviel in one of my favourite combos together; Circe Ophelia/Olwen Tinuviel. Polyhymnia might be put back on actually, I have a feeling this little one could be a Polly. And I love the name, so gorgeous and fun! But we'll see... Thank you so much for all your comments!

Shealatoba; thanks!

Lex; yay! I think they sound nice together!

Bonfire; Thanks for all your comments! You don't like Morgana? Hmm... I love her. Isolde is the beautiful princess in the medieval romance Tristan & Isolde. Tristan was sent by his uncle to Ireland to carry the beautiful Isolde over the seas to him to be his queen. Instead she & Tristan fell in love and tragedy befell.

We (I) are doing an edit today, so will update later.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]