Names Searched Right Now:
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    I'm sorry I never have a very intricate response, but I just wanted to say Zenobia is perfection with Aphrodite. I also love Morgana and Ceridwen for you, but Zenobia is numero uno in my opinion.

Winne is an adorable nickname, and with Roo... too cute. I also like the nickname Zen for Zenobia, and you call Aphrodite "Dita" right? Dita and Zen, adorable.
    Last edited by rowangreeneyes; June 29th, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Thanks, Clocktower and tct!

Amy, your post made me laugh! 8 kids, ok. Good thing you've named them all for me so I don't have to! Good choices too. Yes, Winnie is cute isn't it? I'm hoping He will like it, and maybe help convince him to let me use it... but maybe I could use Winnie as a nn for Gwenllian as well? I know Gwen, and Lill are more intuitive though... The B-thing doesn't really bother me, but seeing people mention it makes me a little weary... hmm. Thanks, sweets!!!

RGE; thanks! yes, I love Zenobia with Aphrodite too. I do call her Dita, Roo, Ditaroo, Babaroo... and on and on. Zenobia has got so many nickname possibilities too; Zen, Zoe, Bee, Bia, Nobi.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    The Ceridwen nickname thing is one thing that bothers me too. As I've told you before, you've made me a big fan of nicknames. The only thing I've come up with is Winnie.
    Ceri (Kerry) would be what I'd nickname a Ceridwen

I think you could use Jezebel here but I don't think it goes that well with Aphrodite.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 08:34 PM.

It doesn't pay to come late to the party; you have to do a lot of reading if you don't want to miss anything! There are some beautiful names here. I'll try to do what I did over on the boys' thread--pick a Top Five and some runners-up.

Belphoebe--A lovely name which pairs well with Aphrodite. When I first encountered it, it seemed a bit extraneous next to just Phoebe, but it's grown on me. If the A-B initials don't make you feel bound to a theme, I don't suppose the matching E-endings would either.

Ceridwen--this seems perfect since you were saving it for a winter daughter. Ceridwen nn Winnie would be so cute! I don't think the major-deity theme is very obvious, since Ceridwen is lesser-known than Aphrodite. I hope your husband comes on board...

Circe--this should definitely be a contender, you've loved her so long. There's the matching E-endings and the Greek theme, but their myths don't clash, and Circe's spunk holds up nicely to Aphrodite's powerful image in spite of the uneven lengths.

Hermione--Greek again, but holds her own beautifully with Aphrodite. Hermione Granger is a good association if you're a HP fan (I know you are!), but she has perhaps made people lose sight of Hermione's other associations. Hermione feels much more "popular" than Aphrodite because of her.

Tinuviel--I'm with augusta_lee; how can I not love this name? The story of Beren and Luthien is one of Tolkien's loveliest. Tinuviel is gorgeous in every way, though definitely a twilight name--no sunshine. Personally I'd use it as a middle, but I'd be thrilled to see you use it as a first.

Runners-up would be Atalanta, Gwenllian (how are you pronouncing this? I checked it on Forvo and it sounds something like gwen-shee-AHN. That Welsh double-L can be very tricky), Bradamante, Cleopatra (personally I don't like this one, though I do like Clio/Cleo, but I think it works for you), Isolde and Morgana.

I'm mildly surprised that you adore Jezebel but dislike Jael. Talk of strong women...! I know an elderly gentleman who named his daughter Jael Ann, admiring the grit and strength of this Bible lady. Sorry, I'm with the majority on Jezebel. She really was bad, but even if you disagree, the name has a lot of baggage (though maybe not as much anymore in Britain?)

I'm enjoying seeing Elbereth and Eowyn on your middles list, and Silmarien makes me think of The Silmarillion (a potential problem?) I also adore Loveday. A name I'd also love in the middle, which I see as similar to Loveday, is Fairlight.

Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet