Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Love Circe and Seraphina! Both are unique but very beautiful!
    Girls: Elodie, Madeleine, Juliette, Samantha, Vivienne, Evelyn, Jocelyn & Genevieve
    Boys: Benjamin, Micah, Harrison, Jeremiah, Graham, Emerson, Owen & Lincoln

Mommy to my sweet fur baby Moxie!

Fabulous list! Morgana Phoebe Olwen was my first thought, but I also love the idea of Zenobia Phoebe Olwen. Aphrodite and Zenobia? What an awesome pair!

My suggestions: Cliona (or its original mythological spelling, Cliodhna), Rhiannon, Bellona, Ceres, Pyrrha, Elpis (the personification of hope- the last spirit to remain in the jar after it was opened by Pandora) and Terpsichore.
    Last edited by namelover77; June 24th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Our styles are totally different, but I can't help loving Aphrodite. Off of your list, I really love Hermoine with Aphrodite. It's strong and brave, and the sounds are complimentary without being super similar.
    And even though you aren't looking for combos, I couldn't help but swooning at Hermione Eowyn Sybilla.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Belphoebe - I love this name, but H is hesitant because it's a "soft" name (ph-sound). We haven't ruled it out completely though, as I am so in love with it. Beautiful amazing girl in The Faerie Queene who hid/lived in the forest...
    Circe - One of my favourite names ever, maybe my favourite character in Greek mythology. Odysseus described her as "the loveliest of all immortals" which I think can hold up well to Roo's name.
    Gwenllian - Amazing Welsh princess who led her people in battle.
    Isolde - I love this name, and she's got the beauty thing Aphrodite's got. My only thing is... she was beautiful, but what else?
    Nimue - After much ado, we decided Niniane might be a minefield. So Nimue it is. Lady of the lake, guardian of the sword and it's cute as a button.
    Serafina - Husband's suggestion. I like the meaning, and the witch in Northern Lights is cool.
    Sunniva - Would be a way to incorporate my Norwegian blood. But I know some little Sunniva's... not direct friends, but still.

Roxana
    Valeria
    Isana (ih SAW nuh)
    Rosalia
    Sirenee (sear renee) << like Cyrene?
    Merida << I know this is a Disney princess but she is strong and brave and independent and it was actually the first name that came to mind when I saw that your other daughter is Aphrodite
    Imogene
    Lorelei
    Esmeralda << see Merida but I love the nickname Esme
    Acadia nn Cadie << close to Aradia
    Vada
    Galatea
    Galilee
    Marieken (muh REE kin)
    Last edited by shanade213; June 24th, 2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Current Favorite Combos (not necessarily all of my favorite names):
    Alba Jolene, Avia Merrick, Hazel Deanna, Jovie Wren, Kendra Elise, Lux Athena, Margo Wren, Oona Lorene, Phoebe Alexis
    Ansel Gregory, Byron Robert, Ford Jeffrey, Lyle Prescott, Seaton Leo, Solomon Jack *Solo*

Atalanta: I like the myth, but would shy away from the connection of the names through the story. One girl tricking the other into straying from success, and all over men/marriage/beauty?...Not the sisterly story I'd want to tell.
    Befana: Not loving the sound...rather beefy to me.
    Bellicent: I don't get the nice imagery from this either. I see "belly" and "bellicose" first. And because...
    Belphoebe: THIS NAME IS AMAZING. Between Bellicent and Belphoebe, how how how could you pick Bellicent? This goes so beautifully with Aphrodite! I don't think it is too soft at all; it's energetic, bright, scintillating!
    Bradamante: I think this is clunky, obscure, and masculine-looking (Brad, Bradley, etc) next to Aphrodite.
    Ceridwen: Fingers crossed this grows on your husband! I love this one! I like that it comes from a decidedly different mythology and origin from Aphrodite, but that it is longer and mixes hard and soft sounds like Aphrodite. Beautiful, graceful, intelligent, proud.
    Circe: I'm afraid Aphrodite and Circe feel much too Greek-myth-stereotypically-matchy to me, since both were powerful, sometimes treacherous characters known (in some caricatures) for their sex appeal. I feel like the pairing of these names would overpower their individual beauty.
    Cleopatra: Ditto from Circe. Lacks the subtlety and power; feels more like a contest of Who's Who in Ancient Female Characters.
    Gwenllian: I don't think this is quite as approachable spelling-wise and it is definitely soft-sounding, but I love its sound, meaning, and all of the nicknames I can think to put with it. So while it isn't as high on the Love List as Belphoebe and Ceridwen, I think it has potential
    Hermione: I like it. I think Harry Potter will rule its primary association for a while, but if you're ok with that, I think it's great.
    Hypatia: I like this, too! It strikes me as a bit formal compared to Aphrodite, but I think they're lovely together.
    Isolde: I like the sound of this name, but your concerns about the name seem really valid to me. Plus, why make beauty the thing that connects the two sisters when it's one of those over-valued, skewed qualities society sells all wrong. I feel like if there is only one quality to unite the two names, being fierce or independent or intelligent or resourceful or powerful, etc. are the ones to promote.
    Jezebel: I don't mind the controversy, but the Biblical vs. Greek mythology thing strikes me as jarring, and once again, for me anyway, pairing Aphrodite and Jezebel puts the emphasis on their sex appeal and wiles rather than other qualities first. I'm not saying we shouldn't embrace and harness those qualities, I suppose, but I have trouble squaring that with two little girls playing make-believe.
    Lyonesse: I confess all I see is a tryndeeigh spelling of "lioness."
    Lysistrata: Yes, too much. Alas.
    Morgana: Love love love. Powerful, exciting heroine; equal to Aphrodite. Love love love.
    Musidora: Can see it on a little girl, but seems cutesy for a grown-up.
    Nimue: I agree with the pp who said this is "too soft and squidgy and demure next to Aphrodite" but I like it in the middle.
    Olympia: Yes, too much with the Greek gods.
    Ourania: I actually like Ourania and Orania. Totally
    Pandeia/Pandia: Like the association, but all I see is Panda Bear.
    Serafina: Hmm. I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I think it works exceptionally well with Aphrodite. And in reality, it is rare. But it's got some notoriety as Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's daughter's name, and Seraphine is a major character in the YA Beautiful Creatures series, which has been big (at least here in America). That makes Serafina feel a lot more commercial than Aphrodite to me... So I don't know.
    Sunniva: I like! Mixes and matches well with Aphrodite! I like its nicknames and personal significance for you, too.
    Tinuviel: I like it as a middle, but it feels too soft and floofy against powerful Aphrodite IMO.
    Xenia: Eh. I like it. But I don't think it pops like Aphrodite or other choices.
    Zenobia: Yes, yes, yes. Awesome with Aphrodite! Cool role model! I like the A and Z their names make, too. Both have cool sounds and powerful women behind them!

In summary, I think Belphoebe, Morgana, Zenobia, and Ceridwen are my faves with Sunniva and Ourania/Orania close behind. If I were to scratch any options, I think Bradamante, Befana, Lyonesse, Jezebel, and Cleopatra would go first.

Those are my long, mull-over-what-you-like-and-ignore-the-rest two cents. And congratulations!!