Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kailua View Post
    I knew a couple who named their baby this. I really dislike it; to me, it feels like another of those "trying too hard to be tough and manly" names.
    Ooh, this too.

Wolf. Bear. Talon. Ridge. Thorn. 'My son is such a rugged individualist manly-man!'

People name their kids Tiger, Bear, Fox, and Wolf, and Talon isn't ok? Perhaps because I've known 3 male Talons and 1 female Talyn (all at college), I don't really think of a claw. I personally see it as way more usable than any of the animal names...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by tfzolghadr View Post
    People name their kids Tiger, Bear, Fox, and Wolf, and Talon isn't ok? Perhaps because I've known 3 male Talons and 1 female Talyn (all at college), I don't really think of a claw. I personally see it as way more usable than any of the animal names...
    No one said Tiger, Bear, Fox, and Wolf were okay!

A girl I grew up with named one of her sons Talon and every time I see him, I think of an eagle's claw.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I do think of claws and birds of prey when I see/hear Talon. But what's wrong with that? Birds of prey are beautiful, intelligent and fascinating creatures. The sentiment that naming your child Talon is to make a macho badass statement is silly to me; why is a creature that can think strategically and protect itself a bad thing? I think those are good features. And they're affectionate and caring too. The same goes for some of the other animals mentioned above here, especially the wolf. I don't see that as macho, wolves are pack animals, very sensitive, beautiful and family centred animals.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

dumb. dumb. dumb.