Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How bad are the initials F.C.K.?

Some of my favorites for a boy start with F. However, both family names (my dad and FIL's middle names) that are likely candidates for a middle name start with C... thereby giving us the initials F.C.K. Just seeing them lined up together like that gets me all apprehensive. Would giving a second middle make it any better? A second middle is a good possibility anyway, as DD has two. I'm just not sure, since most people will probably only know his first middle... meh. I have loads of time to think about this, but it's bugging me. :roll:
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

As long as the second middle doesn't start with an u

I actually don't think it's that bad, maybe because (here in Europe at least) a lot of football (soccer) clubs have initials starting with FC so that was my first association. But two middles are fun, and if little Ivy has it, why not?
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

eek. Not great. I generally advise people not to worry so much about initials (most recently HAT and another I recall was BS--harmless, right?). FCK is a little less innocent as far as teasing potential though. A second middle would help as long as it's not a U, obvi.
    Cassia | Phoebe | Emmeline | Matilda | Oona | Sylvie | Dahlia | Rosalind | Vivienne | Miranda
    Milo | Emmett | Sebastian | Theodore | Lucian | Rafferty | Matteo | Vincent | Donovan | Wesley

If I swear in a text message, and don't want to actually swear, I type fck, or fcking. I instantly see the other word, but that's just me.

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I wouldn't do it, I instantly see a swear word in it. If you added a second middle, like FBCK or FCNK, it wouldn't be quite as bad.
    Mum to Luke and Elliot, stepmum to Libby. Baby #4 is currently being grown.