Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Viggo

When I first saw Viggo Mortensen in the LoTR movies, I thought his name was outlandish and probably just a stage nickname or something. Once I learned it was a legitimate Scandinavian name, that he was named after his dad, and that the name is currently in the Top 25 for boys in Sweden, I began to see it differently. It's still unusual here, and probably a bit outlandish for what my real-life naming style is likely to be, but I now like it very much indeed. It's strong, masculine and a lot of fun to say, and it has the now-fashionable two-syllable O-ending, like Milo, Arlo and Hugo, while not yet shooting up the charts. And it does sound good with Nils. I like something longer in the middle myself, but Jon is meaningful to you and grounds the unusual Viggo very nicely.

If you use it, be prepared for a few Viggo Mortensen references, but after posting a Viggo thread on here and reading others, I no longer think it'll be as much of a problem as I initially thought.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

well we are nerds, so the LOTR reference is a plus
    [CENTER]
    Mommy to
    Nils David * Serafina Ann

Loves:
    Zia, Lorelei, Elowen, Vera, Adeline, Cordelia, Zorah

Judah, Peter, Fredric, Olin, Dean, Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeace13 View Post
    well we are nerds, so the LOTR reference is a plus
    Hurray! I'd try to use Aragorn if I didn't think it would condemn the child to a life of "Wow, your parents must have loved The Lord of the Rings, haha." I wouldn't want to name a son after the actor, but if you see it as naming him after Aragorn--well!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Viggo and Nils go great together! A nice/uncommon pairing!

i remember Viggo Mortenson (?) saying he hated his first name. He said it was the equivalent to Walter in English. It is a dorky name in his country.